Countering combo's (without combos)

Started by DAS44, July 16, 2010, 10:12:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

XaeL

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

larrytetris

Hahaha at my horrible math mistakes. My hopes have been lifted. >__>
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

KeroKai

It appears that sending a mini-combo chain is enough to screw over massive combo starters since they don't get the immense chain power.

I'm a happy bunny again. Sending T-spins and Tetris earlier work as well... but... it appears to back fire occasionally against 3 wide players ._.'

Divemaster

Pretend you are from Africa and trash talk your opponent until he gets too confused to play. It almost worked for me once.

DannyBars

y not counter combos with combos, i know u wrote in the forum title without combos, but if somebody else is doing combos, do them back, so there is no reason whatsoever for anyone to complain about losing to combos, if they can do it, u can do it,
"Do or do not, there is no try" - Yoda

DAS44

Quote from: DannyBars
y not counter combos with combos, i know u wrote in the forum title without combos, but if somebody else is doing combos, do them back, so there is no reason whatsoever for anyone to complain about losing to combos, if they can do it, u can do it,
I'm not too accustomed to doing them yet.

jujube

Quote from: DannyBars
but i thought the point of the thread was to prove that other ways of playing are just as good or better. i don't really like the idea of relying on combos as the only way to beat somebody. if that's really the case then i won't want to play the game.

ohitsstef

i usually send garbage when the other player is at the top
>_>

and then at the end, i say, "HAH yo f***king combos can smd!"
i

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

chopin

I don't really like any of these solutions... they're more of getting lucky rather than depending on skill. Of course a much faster player can defeat 4-wide opponent, but this is a discussion about: combo vs non combo (of similar speed).

Even my brother the other day, a rank 13 or 14 probably, killed me with 4-wide after I sent him 5 TSDs under 28 seconds. D:

meow

you probably wasted 2 seconds soft dropping each of the tspins you sent which is critical at the start of the game. in those 4 seconds they probably built up at least 6 more lines for their combo stack.

the real problem is tf. their developers don't know jack about balance. combos are simply broken there. it's like changing tetrises to add 50 lines and then asking for a solution that is not sending your own tetris first.

XaeL

i agree. we should sign a petition, with a new combo table and then link them to it.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

XaeL

i agree. we should sign a petition, with a new combo table and then link them to it.

jujube

Geo_

Quote from: ohitsstef
i usually send garbage when the other player is at the top
>_>
and then at the end, i say, "HAH yo f***king combos can smd!"
i

Too bad those garbage became the opponent's 20+ combo.

OF course the best way is to do 10 b2b t spin minis and at the end it'll combine to form a t spin bomb that'll instantly kill ur opponent.

Divemaster

Quote from: chopin
I don't really like any of these solutions...

My solution was on point.