Fixing Misdrops Horizontally

Started by bach_of_tetris, July 02, 2010, 06:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bach_of_tetris

Here are some fancy manoeuvres to get you out of trouble.

[fumen]105@JeC3mbC3mbF3gbI3gbC3pbXBWaAv888AwESeDwoo2A?Joo2AtecoDy31QEFnBAA7eFqGPtA081JEroo2AoXS5D6XRe?EBD98AQL0dEoIyTASY91DBG98AQRNXE0ewdDMBAAAhHPAAA?AAAAAAAAAAA[/fumen]

[fumen]105@TeE3gbM3gbI3qbiKI7eDFUBXRBMQBAAA[/fumen]

[fumen]105@/dB3nbF3gbB3gbF3gbB3gbF3gbB3gbI3qbOHI7eHJY?B3GBFJBMBBaNBAAAAAAAAA[/fumen]
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Rachmaninoff

chopin

Why not this?

[fumen]105@JeC3mbC3mbF3gbI3gbC3pbXBWaAv888AwESeDwoo2A?Joo2AtecoDy31QEFnBAA7eOAwNAAqWBpSB2QBtTBaSBrGBU?KBvCBLDBNBBv4AMpAq/AAAAKcQpnbRpnbQpobkzwNnb1lib?Yihbssgb0lkzibYihbtsgbkz1lgbZigbss0lwNgb1lgbYiQ?pgb8e0lwNUKYi8egb0lRp9eEYUKEYoUgb1lgb0ltsUKEYoU?gb8e0lkzYitsjbYi0lwNaiJwkzgb1lA3ibJwkzgb0l9ehbA?AJwkzA39eA3gbAAjbA3obA3gbAAqbAAA7eJJOBAAALyA1Fc?1Pc1Zc1ecd/AAAAAwNEAEXprD[/fumen]

crzy242

LOL @ above

thanks for this bach, i needed it
☠  crzy242

bach_of_tetris

Quote from: chopin
Why not this?

[fumen]105@JeC3mbC3mbF3gbI3gbC3pbXBWaAv888AwESeDwoo2A?Joo2AtecoDy31QEFnBAA7eOAwNAAqWBpSB2QBtTBaSBrGBU?KBvCBLDBNBBv4AMpAq/AAAAKcQpnbRpnbQpobkzwNnb1lib?Yihbssgb0lkzibYihbtsgbkz1lgbZigbss0lwNgb1lgbYiQ?pgb8e0lwNUKYi8egb0lRp9eEYUKEYoUgb1lgb0ltsUKEYoU?gb8e0lkzYitsjbYi0lwNaiJwkzgb1lA3ibJwkzgb0l9ehbA?AJwkzA39eA3gbAAjbA3obA3gbAAqbAAA7eJJOBAAALyA1Fc?1Pc1Zc1ecd/AAAAAwNEAEXprD[/fumen]

lol at move 9, I actually thought something epic was going to happen
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Rachmaninoff

XaeL

fail thread

"why not fix misdrops with Platforming?"

fail.

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

bach_of_tetris

Quote from: XaeL
fail thread

"why not fix misdrops with Platforming?"

fail.

lol most of this stuff isn't really practical anyway because you arent guaranteed the right pieces, but it looks sique if you can do it.

XaeL

all three of the examples shown are platforming...

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

bach_of_tetris

yeah, but twisting is probably better and more time efficient if u dun want to think too hard >.>

jujube

Quote from: bach_of_tetris
[fumen]105@JeC3mbC3mbF3gbI3gbC3pbXBWaAv888AwESeDwoo2A?Joo2AtecoDy31QEFnBAA7eFqGPtA081JEroo2AoXS5D6XRe?EBD98AQL0dEoIyTASY91DBG98AQRNXE0ewdDMBAAAhHPAAA?AAAAAAAAAAA[/fumen]

[fumen]105@/dB3nbF3gbB3gbF3gbB3gbF3gbB3gbI3qbOHI7eHJY?B3GBFJBMBBaNBAAAAAAAAA[/fumen]
i like the first two examples. with the third you have an awkward stack at the end, so maybe the idea is too extreme in that case. you'd probably be better off filling in everywhere until you clear the top line and open the far right column.

jennr246

☠ Jennr246

myndzi

Most people call this practice "platforming". It is a useful technique in some games, but I find that it seems I have to ruin it more often than not, so usually I just go for a slide or ignore the misdrop and stack until I can clear it normally. Sometimes a two or three piece solution is obvious though, and may be worth it, but in all cases you tend to end up with a crenellated looking field, which isn't very nice to stack on. This follows naturally from the technique itself, and I usually don't find it worth it in comparison to a slower fill unless the misdrop blocked something important.

holdnext

The third example, misplacing the J / L Tetrimino, you can clear a Tetris using less straight lines.

larrytetris

Quote from: bach_of_tetris

Not that it's important, but you have to be smoking something to misdrop a blue piece where you showed in the last one XD

The first one kinda, but I can see a misrotated green piece.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]www.hrlarry.com[/div]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.
[/di

holdnext

Instead of fixing a misdrop horizontally, you can also do an L-Spin as well along with combos to send more lines (if All Spins bonus is on).

[fumen]105@TeE3gbM3gbI3qbiKI7eF1VBvRBMLBDUBSYBAwNPAME?zPEJG98AQmqhECDdCA[/fumen]