Nullpomino on mac

Started by bowcy, June 10, 2010, 01:22:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowcy

How do you get Nullpomino running on a mac? I've extracted the files, but the readme text doesn't quite cut it on how to get the game started. So any help here would be appreciated! Thanks :-)

Spirale

Quote from: bowcy
How do you get Nullpomino running on a mac? I've extracted the files, but the readme text doesn't quite cut it on how to get the game started. So any help here would be appreciated! Thanks :-)

you could try to open one of the three .bat files and copy the command that starts with "java" , create a shortcut in the nullpomino folder and paste this command. I'm not sure this will work though as I dont have a Mac.

mcgif

Quote from: Spirale
you could try to open one of the three .bat files and copy the command that starts with "java" , create a shortcut in the nullpomino folder and paste this command. I'm not sure this will work though as I dont have a Mac.

i don't think this will be helpful.
i remember when once my friend was trying to fix his gfs Mac. and he was like "where the hell is control panel ? i have to uninstall this program"
i miss my hack os X

Caithness

1. Open Terminal.app
2. Type "cd " in the Terminal window (cd followed by a space, without the quotes)
3. Drag the NullpoMino folder into the Terminal window and press enter
4. Copy and paste the following command into the Terminal window and press enter:

java -cp .:NullpoMino.jar:lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar:lib/slick.jar:lib/lwjgl.jar:lib/jorbis-0.0.15.jar:lib/jogg-0.0.7.jar:lib/ibxm.jar:lib/jinput.jar -Djava.library.path=lib org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.slick.NullpoMinoSlick

Edit: for version 7.3 and up the command is different:

java -cp bin:NullpoMino.jar:lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar:lib/slick.jar:lib/lwjgl.jar:lib/jorbis-0.0.15.jar:lib/jogg-0.0.7.jar:lib/ibxm.jar:lib/jinput.jar -Djava.library.path=lib mu.nu.nullpo.gui.slick.NullpoMinoSlick

bowcy

Thanks Caithness, that was very helpful-- but it didn't do anything. After I typed all that in and it gave me this response,

Last login: Thu Jun 10 14:17:04 on ttys000
michaels-macbook-pro:~ Michael$ cd /Users/Michael/Desktop/NullpoMino7_0_2/NullpoMino
michaels-macbook-pro:NullpoMino Michael$ java -cp .:NullpoMino.jar:lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar:lib/slick.jar:lib/lwjgl.jar:lib/jorbis-0.0.15.jar:lib/jogg-0.0.7.jar:lib/ibxm.jar:lib/jinput.jar -Djava.library.path=lib org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.slick.NullpoMinoSlic
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/game_host/hebo/nullpomino/gui/slick/NullpoMinoSlic
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.slick.NullpoMinoSlic
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
   at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
michaels-macbook-pro:NullpoMino Michael$

I went to the nullpomino folder and opened nullpomino.jar, and nothing happened. It gave me this error message:

"The Java JAR file "NullpoMino.jar" could not be launched. Check the Console for possible error messages."

So I don't know where to go from there.

solo2001

I never got null working on my mac either! given, i didn't try very hard  
[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

DrPete

Quote from: bowcy
Thanks Caithness, that was very helpful-- but it didn't do anything. After I typed all that in and it gave me this response,

Last login: Thu Jun 10 14:17:04 on ttys000
michaels-macbook-pro:~ Michael$ cd /Users/Michael/Desktop/NullpoMino7_0_2/NullpoMino
michaels-macbook-pro:NullpoMino Michael$ java -cp .:NullpoMino.jar:lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar:lib/slick.jar:lib/lwjgl.jar:lib/jorbis-0.0.15.jar:lib/jogg-0.0.7.jar:lib/ibxm.jar:lib/jinput.jar -Djava.library.path=lib org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.slick.NullpoMinoSlic
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/game_host/hebo/nullpomino/gui/slick/NullpoMinoSlic
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.slick.NullpoMinoSlic
   at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
   at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:307)
   at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)
   at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:248)
michaels-macbook-pro:NullpoMino Michael$
I went to the nullpomino folder and opened nullpomino.jar, and nothing happened. It gave me this error message:

"The Java JAR file "NullpoMino.jar" could not be launched. Check the Console for possible error messages."

So I don't know where to go from there.

you missed the k off the end
[div align=\\\"center\\\"] My Tetris Friends profile [url=http://kingo

bowcy

Yes! It worked. Thank you, Dr. Pete and Caithness!

Ford, if you want me to help you along as a fellow mac user, let me know!

Natsuko

I'm having a similar problem. It won't run but I don't know why. I know i copied the command exactly as it was. and i got this:

izzys-computer:~ Izzy$ cd /Users/Izzy/Desktop/New\ \(Sort\!\!\!\)/NullpoMino7_2_0/
izzys-computer:~/Desktop/New (Sort!!!)/NullpoMino7_2_0 Izzy$ java -cp .:NullpoMino.jar:lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar:lib/slick.jar:lib/lwjgl.jar:lib/jorbis-0.0.15.jar:lib/jogg-0.0.7.jar:lib/ibxm.jar:lib/jinput.jar -Djava.library.path=lib org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.slick.NullpoMinoSlick
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:620)
       at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:124)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:260)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:56)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:195)
       at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
       at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:268)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
       at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)

is it because i'm using Mac OS X 10.4.11? do you need 10.5 to run it?

Caithness

Quote from: Natsuko

That's entirely possible. Do you have the latest version of Java available for Tiger?

Natsuko

Quote from: Caithness
That's entirely possible. Do you have the latest version of Java available for Tiger?
i should i just checked the system update and nothing came up

Wojtek

From version 7.0.1 Nullpomino requires Java 1.6. Probably this is not available for your Mac OS version. You can try version 7.0.0 or earlier, but you won't be able to play net play with those.

edit:
i have compiled 7.2.0 for java 1.5:
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?12yowjy2mfi
replace original file with it, i'm not sure if it will help anything, i'm java noob.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

solo2001

I actually tried caith's advice and it worked first try!!! (if there's anyway to make a shortcut, that'd be greatly appreciated )
[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

m__

I'm having a similar problem. It won't run but I don't know why. I know i copied the command exactly as it was. and i got this:

izzys-computer:~ Izzy$ cd /Users/Izzy/Desktop/New\ \(Sort\!\!\!\)/NullpoMino7_2_0/
izzys-computer:~/Desktop/New (Sort!!!)/NullpoMino7_2_0 Izzy$ java -cp .:NullpoMino.jar:lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar:lib/slick.jar:lib/lwjgl.jar:lib/jorbis-0.0.15.jar:lib/jogg-0.0.7.jar:lib/ibxm.jar:lib/jinput.jar -Djava.library.path=lib org.game_host.hebo.nullpomino.gui.slick.NullpoMinoSlick
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

you didn't "cd" into the right folder.   There is one more folder inside of NullpoMino7_2_0

----
cd /Users/Michael/Desktop/NullpoMino7_0_2/NullpoMino
----

Alis

I got a similar problem when i brought one of my java projects from home to school and tried to compile it there. I just deleted all the .class files and recompiled everything. The problem came from me having a newer jdk at home than the one at school.