Nes tetris tournament in LA

Started by igo222, March 22, 2010, 07:14:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

igo222

Yeah there is going to be a nes tetris tournament / documentary in July.  If you are good and are interested then you should email robinmahari@gmail.com  They are looking for people who get at least in the 600,000-800,000 point range.  

http://ecstasyoforder.com/

Here is a pdf covering some of the details:
http://ecstasyoforder.com/ecstasyoforderproposal.pdf

EnFuego

This looks pretty cool. What is the proposed format of the tournament? I looked at the links and couldn't find it. And there is probably a bunch more people who could get a max score. There are many people capable at older tetris games but would rather not waste their time jumping through hoops for twin galaxies.

Out of curiosity why NES tetris? Sticking with the classic games I believe gameboy tetris had a far greater distribution(I might be wrong).

DanZ

*Reads PDF*

Dammit, I'm tired of being left behind here.

*Begins quest to finally max-out NES Tetris*

iphys

Yeah, you can do it, DanZ!  Don't let those fast fingers go to waste.

bigwig

ZOMG THATS NOT THE NEWS

From the pdf:

"Alexey Pajitnov will
agree to meet with Robin and the Grandmaster to discuss the future of the game
and the details for arranging an official league. All parties involved will sleep
soundly in the knowledge that Tetris now stands in its rightful place alongside Go
and Chess as one of civilization's timeless brainteasers."

YAAAAAY

mcgif

erm... [!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
He'll also mention his desire to
eventually gain an audience with the inventor of Tetris himself, Alexey Pajitnov,
and discuss Tetris's potential rise as an Olympic event.
[/quote]

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
In the film's climax, Robin's tournament will play itself out with breathtaking
suspense, the winner proclaimed Tetris Grandmaster. Alexey Pajitnov will....
[/quote]

lrn2read ;p