Wanted: Trash Talking Tutor [trash talking inside]

Started by ohitsstef, March 21, 2010, 08:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shizi

basketball and dota taught me well
tnet2 was full of trash talk too
ie. potions smackdown on hyun
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7843/lololpd.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/7843/lololpd.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Red_Star

Quote from: Shizi
basketball and dota taught me well
tnet2 was full of trash talk too
ie. potions smackdown on hyun

No offense, but that trash talk is weak. It looks like TNET is filled with 3rd graders or something. Go watch the video Monte posted then look at that pic. Huge difference between playful banter and trash talk.

Protip on trash talk: When trash talking online, use tons of explanation points and capital letters. IT MAKES IT SEEM LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTIN AT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rule of thumb is if the explanation points don't cause an annoying break in sentences then you are not using enough of them.
Play Cultris

Shizi

sorry redstar... your protips make you sound like an little angry nerd
caps and cussing is not trash talk...

Anonymous

Quote from: Monte
omg why you being such a jerk and acting so mean towards me and talking about my mom? I just want to play tetris, geez!  

Anonymous 1 Monte 0

What chu gonna do 'bout that?!!!
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

clincher

Quote from: Red_Star
No offense, but that trash talk is weak. It looks like TNET is filled with 3rd graders or something. Go watch the video Monte posted then look at that pic. Huge difference between playful banter and trash talk.

Protip on trash talk: When trash talking online, use tons of explanation points and capital letters. IT MAKES IT SEEM LIKE YOU ARE SHOUTIN AT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The rule of thumb is if the explanation points don't cause an annoying break in sentences then you are not using enough of them.
I hope you're kidding...
It's all about the love

ohitsstef

Quote from: clincher
I hope you're kidding...

whats wrong with all caps and spewing swear words like diarrhea from the mouth?

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Monte

Quote from: Anonymous
Anonymous 1 Monte 0

What chu gonna do 'bout that?!!!

i'm a tetris player so the answer is cry, obviously.
Monte: you scared of the rookie of the year
Digital: sigh, I'm soooo scared
Digital: *digital pees in his pants*

Red_Star

Quote from: Shizi
sorry redstar... your protips make you sound like an little angry nerd
caps and cussing is not trash talk...

Little angry nerd? I seriously don't think you know what trash talk is. If you seriously play basketball and people trash talk like that then enjoy your WNBA. Trash talking is about over the top nonsense. It should complete garbage. Over the top hype. If you aren't yelling in someone's face then you aren't doing it right.  Cussing isn't trash talk, but trash talk is cussing. Saying things like "Wow, you guys can't be because you aren't playing good" is not trash talk, that is just sad. "You f*** suck you piece of garbage. Your sh** play could never touch me, unlike your mother last night" is more on the lines of trash talk.

Go play shuffleboard if you want to trash talk with no cursing. But like it was said before, tetris players are babies.

Protip: My protips are intentionally bad...or are they?
Play Cultris

SecretSalamander

kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

ohitsnoob
Red_Noob
Anoobymous

Monte

that's real talk right there. you aint got to cuss every other word but you should be trying to throw your opponent off their game and what was going on in that chat log wouldn't rattle anybody, that was just some teasing.
Monte: you scared of the rookie of the year
Digital: sigh, I'm soooo scared
Digital: *digital pees in his pants*

Red_Star

Quote from: Monte
that's real talk right there. you aint got to cuss every other word but you should be trying to throw your opponent off their game and what was going on in that chat log wouldn't rattle anybody, that was just some teasing.

Yea. Honestly most of the "advice" I have given is making fun of the poor sportsmanship involved in trash talk. But what I read there didn't look like trash talk at all.

I've played people in Marvel vs SNK 2 and they were telling me how they would rip me a new one, and how they would bend me over their knee, and all this junk. They were horrible at the game, and lost every round and still trash talked me like they were the hottest thing at the game.

Trash talk needs  a lot of passion behind it. You need to be hype, and little remarks about how people are doing well is not enough. I don't trash talk much, but when I do I go all in. You need to comment on every little thing people do wrong. You need to get in their head. The guy in Monte's video does it perfect. He is way out of line, and I would never tell people to do it, but his trash talk really gets to the other guy. You want to get yourself hyped while messing up the other player. Get them mad, get them to do something dumb, or in the case of Tetris, missdrop.  It isn't polite or kind, and people will get pissed at you for it, but if you are going to talk trash then do it right.

Play Cultris

massi4h

Marvel vs Snk 2? That doesn't even exist wtf lol.
☠ massi4h

Red_Star

Quote from: massi4h
Marvel vs Snk 2? That doesn't even exist wtf lol.

Probably not where you are, but there is a huge scene for it here. I am so tired of seeing Geese, Sentinel, Storm. I use Cable, Joe Higashi, Spiral myself. It is pretty old but J. Wong has been beasting it for awhile.
Play Cultris

Shizi

cussing and all caps, aka corrosive style, are for teenage kids
when he starts bitching and moaning it just makes me laugh and play better
learn effective trash talk Red_Noob

Paul676

Why can't people just play tetris? What need is there to try to talk someone off their game when you should be beating them fair and square- if you are good enough, you should beat them without having to talk them off their game. If not, then they should be beating you and you aren't good enough yet. You know why blink is humble and never trash talks? Because he's good enough not to. Anyone who trash talks just shows that they are noob at some level.
               Tetris Belts!