Wojtek's TOJ Stuff

Started by Wojtek, February 16, 2010, 09:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mlevchenko

Wojtek, what is the original folder name, because I tried this and then TOJ crashed on me, I unzipped the DAS file to my TetrisOnline folder, and it said that it had overwritten the file that was there originally, however, this had no effect on my unlocks/DAS. Any possible help? Thanks.

The current SJE.JHH file that is in my folder has a size of 120KB whereas the patch size is only 16. Is that right?

jennr246

Just make sure that you replaced the right SJE.JHH file which would be in TetrisOnline/Config, because there are many of these files in all the different folders.
☠ Jennr246

mlevchenko

I did...in the TetrisOnline folder...but that didnt do ANYTHING. so I am not sure if I am supposed to change the file in the jpn folder as well.

Wojtek

You won't see any diffrence on shop screen, have you tried to play?
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

mlevchenko

yeah. i THINK that it got better, i just dont know if there's a way to be sure.

in the description though, you said that it would give all of the unlocks. how do i get those? =/

Wojtek

whats your unlock status? if you don't have all unlocks, best ways to see if patch is working is to see how many next do you see if next queue.

technically patch just change all tuning levels to behave like lv5. (except das tuning, which is changed to custom value on all levels)
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

mlevchenko

Quote from: Wojtek
whats your unlock status? if you don't have all unlocks, best ways to see if patch is working is to see how many next do you see if next queue.

technically patch just change all tuning levels to behave like lv5. (except das tuning, which is changed to custom value on all levels)

OHHHH, ok. That makes a lot more sense now.
All of my unlocks are at level 3...but I think that the game did improve with the patch (although I still dont have all of the piece previews.) =[

And how to customize the DAS?

Wojtek

look here:
http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?s=&am...ost&p=20234

but i don't think you applied patch correctly, you don't see all previews and and with your upgrades on level 3 there should be huge difference with movement and soft drop speed. improvement you see can be just power of suggestion. do you have multiple toj installations?
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

mlevchenko

Quote from: Wojtek
look here:
http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?s=&am...ost&p=20234

but i don't think you applied patch correctly, you don't see all previews and and with your upgrades on level 3 there should be huge difference with movement and soft drop speed. improvement you see can be just power of suggestion. do you have multiple toj installations?

I did, but then I tried it on my separate computer account, where I have never played TOJ, and now I think that I replaced the wrong file, I replaced in my TetrisOnline folder, but I didnt replace the jap folder one, and I think that that's the one that I need to replace, at least that's what Paul676 said, so I'll try that. Oh, and thanks for the link of all the DAS patches.

EDIT: Actually, I just tried replacing it in the jpn folder, and I am going to guess that it's the language folder, so TOJ crashed on me. Maybe someone could possibly make a video on youtube to show how to do this properly?

mcgif

geez, just download the DAS patch. unzip the SJE.JHH file to TOJ\config and overwrite the existing SJE.JHH

don't even open the JPN folder.

you WON'T see any change in menus, and you won't be able to change the DAS via shop.

HOWEVER you DAS will be custom at that point.

edit: don't replace whole config folder. just the SJE.JHH file.

mlevchenko

Quote from: mcgif
geez, just download the DAS patch. unzip the SJE.JHH file to TOJ\config and overwrite the existing SJE.JHH

don't even open the JPN folder.

you WON'T see any change in menus, and you won't be able to change the DAS via shop.

HOWEVER you DAS will be custom at that point.

edit: don't replace whole config folder. just the SJE.JHH file.

Ok, and now I can change the DAS via all the different files that people have uploaded right?
Thanks for your help!  

mcgif

Quote from: mlevchenko
Ok, and now I can change the DAS via all the different files that people have uploaded right?

yes

mlevchenko

Quote from: mcgif
yes

WOW!!! So apparently NOW I did it right.  
And I started playing a match and I was like "OMFG!!!"  
I was DESTROYING people on TOJ AND I got all on my piece previews now.
I am using the 120 DAS and I must say, it's simply GODLY. Thanks for everyone's help!
Oh and my new account is [HD] Ukrainian4Life.
So feel free to add me. =]

Wojtek

SjeJhhTool updated for lastest encryption changes, source code is now also available.
http://bziumm.mooo.com/~wojtek/SjeJhhTool.zip
source: http://bziumm.mooo.com/~wojtek/SjeJhhTool_src.zip

If you want english patch or das/unlocks patch, you have to patch on your own.

If you want to patch your das/unlocks, be sure to disable updates in launcher because now updater overwrites config file everytime game is started.

Actually I don't understand why they are so persistent about blocking patches, if you want to cheat your unlocks you can just use cheat engine or something:
http://www.mediafire.com/?yzz2zllzoza (example cheats for version 90)

edit:
password is not up to date anymore
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

xlro

oh very cool, especially also releasing the source - altho I won't use it now, really good stuff
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]