Need math help for 2 problems.

Started by Corrosive, February 11, 2010, 10:19:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrosive

need answers to 5 and 6. thanks.

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i46.tinypic.com/282n9zp.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i46.tinypic.com/282n9zp.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

ohitsstef

i'll help you if you pay me $60. nonrefundable.

results aren't guaranteed either.  

but i'll still help you

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

hienwa

I'll help with you number 5. Could be wrong.

5. a. 1350 b. 650
http://www.freetoplay.org - for free online games and MMOs!

Corrosive

Quote from: hienwa
I'll help with you number 5. Could be wrong.

5. a. 1350 b. 650

wrong
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

SecretSalamander

edit: 5:

a) 1402.55
b) 712.99

6: (this is probably wrong)

a) 70
b) 51.85

hienwa

Quote from: Corrosive
wrong
okay then there must be some kind of formula i don't know about. I don't know how you get cents in your answer...
http://www.freetoplay.org - for free online games and MMOs!

virulent

Quote from: SecretSalamander
edit: 5:

a) 1402.55

6: (this is probably wrong)

a) 70

i got
5a. 1402.55
5b. 712.99
too

6a. 5750.74
6b. 4100.19
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

Jes

The formula is K=K0*(1+(i/100))^n where K is the end kapital Ko the start kapital i the interest, and n the number of times you get interest, in this case= the number of years, rest should be pretty easy. for question 6 you just add 1000 to to the formula for each year. you should be able to the the work yourself then. I'm not sure what excactly they want you to calculate in 6b though, so youll have to figure that one yourself.

caffeine

For anyone who is interested in becoming a stronger student and wants some extensive training and advice for improving their technique, I am now offering to mentor any individual for the duration of one week at the price of $65.00. I will accept payments through paypal ONLY. My paypal e-mail is mathplaya@gmail.com. Satisfaction is guaranteed and you will see major results within the first three days. Anyone who signs up will need to meet with me everyday from 3:00-9pm Eastern Standard Time. Bring a bag lunch and a snack or two to munch on in between breaks. We will open up a skype session and use various clients from Mathtrix, Mathellate, to Mathbox. The training will be very hard and long, and will take a lot of effort on your part as the pupil.

I have been solving multi-player Math for over six years now, have solved with the best of the best, and have cooled a lot of people down who thought they were hot sh**. There are several aspects that go into multi-player and areas that many people need to work on, such as their adding, subtraction, and multiplication. There are various components of solving that I will analyze with you and help incorporate into your technique. I can't release any more information about my Training Program, come and join today, no matter what skill level you are. The training is non-refundable.

Believe in yourself!!

Fraaankie

Quote from: caffeine
For anyone who is interested in becoming a stronger student and wants some extensive training and advice for improving their technique, I am now offering to mentor any individual for the duration of one week at the price of $65.00. I will accept payments through paypal ONLY. My paypal e-mail is mathplaya@gmail.com. Satisfaction is guaranteed and you will see major results within the first three days. Anyone who signs up will need to meet with me everyday from 3:00-9pm Eastern Standard Time. Bring a bag lunch and a snack or two to munch on in between breaks. We will open up a skype session and use various clients from Mathtrix, Mathellate, to Mathbox. The training will be very hard and long, and will take a lot of effort on your part as the pupil.

I have been solving multi-player Math for over six years now, have solved with the best of the best, and have cooled a lot of people down who thought they were hot sh**. There are several aspects that go into multi-player and areas that many people need to work on, such as their adding, subtraction, and multiplication. There are various components of solving that I will analyze with you and help incorporate into your technique. I can't release any more information about my Training Program, come and join today, no matter what skill level you are. The training is non-refundable.

Believe in yourself!!

LOLLL.

ZeroT

Lets see here...

Question 5: a- its a F/P,i,n equation the equation is F= P(1+i)^n where F is the future worth, p is present, i        is the interest rate and n is the number of time units (years in this case).  F at 5 years = $1402.55

b- Its the inverse, P/F,i,n the equation is F/(1+i)^n. P = $712.99

Question 6: is a little more tricky so I'm going to do 'b' first. b- When it says $1000 dollars invested each year over a set time period, that an annuity. the equation to find the present worth given a annuity (P/A,i,n) is P= A[(((1+i)^n)-1)/(i((1+i)^n))]     *forgive all the parenthesis its hard to write long fractions in a single line.
using this we get a present value of $4100.20 <---- note this is part 'b'!

a- for a we need that present value first and plug it into the F/P,i,n equation from earlier using the part 'b' answer as the present value. You get $5750.74
☠ ZeroT

Someone2knoe

I had hw like this last semester

I don't feel like helping though

massi4h

Haha you're awesome caffeine. Tbh the second parts of both questions are worded really horribly, I could only do the first part and not even get the whole sentence.
☠ massi4h

solo2001

I'm pretty sure Corrosive is abusing the threads.
[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

EnFuego

Quote from: caffeine

Believe in yourself!!

What is multiplayer math?