new setup?

Started by Fraaankie, February 09, 2010, 09:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fraaankie

Paul676

Well probably blink is the best man to talk to as regards this but I tend to not misdrop much and go at a mediumish pace, my setup is similarish to yours, tho more similar to a tf one:

up and down are the two rotates, left and right are-erm left and right

x (was space but space was too noisy)=HD, z=SD and shift=hold
               Tetris Belts!

ohitsstef

i use the default controls on bb lol

in blockles wasnt there just single rotation? (up arrow)

but i dont think your controls make you misdrop or anything, thats really up to the individual player.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

mzhang

yah for instance, stef misdrops more than anyone i've seen, and it's not because of her controls.

ohitsstef

Quote from: mzhang
yah for instance, stef misdrops more than anyone i've seen, and it's not because of her controls.

HAY thats not cool!
give me your aim, we'll battle this out, punk.

lol

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

solo2001

as long as your controls aren't too obscure, it shouldn't make a difference
[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

Fraaankie

mzhang

the french people are talking amongst themselves. AHHHH

Paul676

vrai, tres vrai mzhang.
               Tetris Belts!

computerguy99

I use the blockles default controls and I'm so used to them that I can go 170 on BB but I don't play there much. I play on the Dutch site, for some reason it feels more responsive even with the same controls
Computerguy99
コンピュータおたく99

mzhang

solo2001

Jacque Cousteau!!! Baguette!!!

(they have nothing to do with the thread, i just thought i should drop some french)
[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

XaeL

i think optimally you would have one finger per button so things like binding up and down are bad (well maybe not for rotate becuase you dont need to rotate both ways... but then u can't do rotate-canceling... not that you need to)

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Fraaankie

virulent

i don't know if anyone said this already cause i didn't fully read all the comments but...

the optimal way to position your keys are to have rotations [left and right] on 1 hand and left/right/softdrop on the other hand. i think hold would also be best on the rotation hand.

i don't use that way either but whatever. it's also faster to have it in the middle of your keyboard instead of on the arrows...not sure why...i've just noticed over the years that people who have them around 'sdf/wer' and 'jkl/uio' are more pro

mz's always tryin to start somethin with the ladies tsk.
kick his bootay stef!!!
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]