TETRIS QUILT!

Started by spoolofyule, January 25, 2010, 08:06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spoolofyule

after failing to find the how to post a new post button (and then asking blink how   ) i am finally posting this in all my excitement!

anyway...

so i dont know how many of you know how to sew or stuffs, but i found this awesome link to make a tetris quilt! in 3-D!

http://quiltergeek.blogspot.com/2008/02/ho...tris-quilt.html

i'm gonna make this. i think other people should too. did i mention i've never quilted before?
colors... any advice or pattern reccs? i'm thinking about secret form but i dunno how corny that is.

ohitsstef

lol.. i wish i had time to make this ;( but im swamped with school stuff this semester

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

azn_papirus

HEY I HAD THIS IDEA TOO, and i got a design thought up ._.
What a cloudy day!
No ees not ._.

iphys

Here's the psychedelic one my mum made for me:

YukiIjuin

Oh gawd Iphys, I wish I can snuggle up in that quilt all day. @_@

MzSlowmo

i want one!.  i don't know how to sew either but my idea of a good quilt is misdropping the the stick for a tetris

spoolofyule

ooo slowmo that's a good idea... the other one i've been thinking about is a t spin set up. what is sexier than a t spin?

MzSlowmo

spoolofyule

status check.
i've swallowed thread. it hurts and makes you cough a lot, and your eyes water.

decided on a design. since the quilt is for medyas, he chose a t spin design (as it is sexy), and it is an imperial that opens up and has a T dropping into the spot. this was much more difficult than it sounds, as no two pieces of the same color are touching each other, and there are no broken lines. there is a good ratio of 2 to 3 for colored blocks vs black (background) squares.

cutting squares now. did you know there is 200 squares in a tetris board? dang man. each square is 4.5 x 4.5 inches. phew.

i think quilts are harder than secret form is.

spoolofyule

another status check.

i'm on row 8 now... out of 20.

http://twitpic.com/12c8xz

jujube

looks good so far spool

spoolofyule

I FINISHED THE QUILT TOP!!!!!!!!! FINISHED!!!!!!!

http://twitpic.com/12jc72

Chinh

So when do I get this? (Forget Socs)

virulent

wow that looks great~
i think imperial cross was a good way to go
you should put a 'frame' around it n maybe put a 'next' piece [a T]
but i'm sure you're done with this now  i would be after all that work!
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

spoolofyule

Quote from: virulent
wow that looks great~
i think imperial cross was a good way to go
you should put a 'frame' around it n maybe put a 'next' piece [a T]
but i'm sure you're done with this now  i would be after all that work!

haha! i am actually finishing it tonight. quilts take way freaking longer than i thought.
i am starting mine tonight... i'll post the pattern for that one later. it's another t spin combo set up.

if i can figure out how to do these things faster, i would really make them for everyone.