Anyone want to translate TOJ to english?

Started by Wojtek, December 31, 2009, 06:21:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnanimous

Since I didn't want to clutter this thread with a bunch of pictures, I'm putting all of the translated pictures in this album: http://harddrop.imgur.com/toj_translations

If anyone wants to upload pictures, the password is harddrop.
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

Wojtek

ok, let's start with options screen.

those files are for Game and Key tabs:
image\ui\option_bg01.png
image\ui\option_bg02.png

Buttons (OK, Apply, etc...) are in image\ui\common\*.png
file names are self explanatory

Frame is: image\ui\gameoption.png

Tab butons: btn_option*.png

Somebody should remove japanese text from them and put translation from Magnanimous.
All orgianal resources are in this file: http://bziumm.mooo.com/~wojtek/toj_res.zip

Anyone has idea what "??? Settings" could be? Maybe "miscellaneous settings" or something.

Virulent you still want to do it?
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Blink

Thank you to all those who've helped translate so far.  I'll be taking charge of this project for now as long as I'm not busy, and hopefully make a few steps forward.

Currently there are 4 things that need to be done (in this order):

1.  Create screenshots of the game for others who understand Japanese to translate - I'll do this , I will have screenshots up on this thread this week, and hopefully players can reply with the correct translations.

2.  Need Japanese or players who can read Japanese to translate these screenshots in the same manner that Magnanimous has been doing

3.  Need someone to then find the corresponding filenames for those translated images seen in step 1, this is done by downloading Wojtek's resources file and then comparing those images with the ones seen in the screenshots.

4.  Need someone with some graphic skills to change the current images with the new English text versions.

Looking for volunteers for steps 2-4, let me know if any of you are interested so we can start making this English TOJ patch a reality.  Thanks.

holdnext

I believe the translations can be also translated to French or German.

Examples:
English: Hold, Next
French: Tenir, Suivant
German: Halten, Weiter

If a word is too long to translate Hold or Next, abbreviations are welcome:
French: Tenir, Suiv.
German: Halt., Weit.

Blink

okay for any translators out there, let's start with this screen:

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2472/0118235744.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/2472/0118235744.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

If you could please translate the text from the Change Class window into english, we could start working on the next step for this screen.  Thanks!

Magnanimous

I'll try to translate more soon... Classes have officially started for me.

holdnext

What about the maps on vs. mode. Can you please name all the maps?

wheeler99

Quote from: Blink3.  Need someone to then find the corresponding filenames for those translated images seen in step 1, this is done by downloading Wojtek's resources file and then comparing those images with the ones seen in the screenshots.

I will give this a go when i have time, would like to help in moving this project forward.

BigAl95

After the recent outburst, I hope this is still moving forward.

Home/Main

/image/ui/bg_mainmenu.png - Everyone Tetris!
/image/ui/main/btn_enter_01_default.png - Single Player, Here you play single player!
/image/ui/main/btn_enter_02_default.png - Multiplayer, Here you play multiplayer!
/image/ui/main/btn_enter_03_default.png - Training, Train against the computer!
/image/ui/main/btn_enter_04_default.png - Shop, Here you buy items and upgrades! (?)

Hover on the game modes (replace _default with _over) missing.

Top and Bottom Bar

/skin/topbar/default/topbar_bg.png - Tetris Online
/skin/topbar/default/topbar_myinfo1.png - My Info, User Information
/skin/topbar/default/topbar_myinfo2.png - My Info, User Information
/skin/topbar/default/topbar_myinfo3.png - My Info, User Information
/skin/topbar/default/topbar_m1.png - Messenger
/skin/topbar/default/topbar_m2.png - Messenger
/skin/topbar/default/topbar_m3.png - Messenger
/skin/topbar/default/topbar_option1.png - Options
/skin/topbar/default/topbar_option2.png - Options
/skin/topbar/default/topbar_option3.png - Options
/skin/bottombar/default/btn_exit_default.png - Quit or Exit
/skin/bottombar/default/btn_exit_down.png - Quit or Exit
/skin/bottombar/default/btn_exit_over.png - Quit or Exit

Options

/image/ui/option_bg01.png - Various Options
/image/ui/option_bg02.png - Key Settings, Keyboard, Gamepad (Controls)
/image/ui/btn_option01_default.png - Game Settings
/image/ui/btn_option01_over.png - Game Settings
/image/ui/btn_option01_down.png - Game Settings
/image/ui/btn_option02_default.png - Key Settings
/image/ui/btn_option02_over.png - Key Settings
/image/ui/btn_option02_down.png - Key Settings
/image/ui/btn_ok_default.png - OK
/image/ui/btn_ok_down.png - OK
/image/ui/btn_ok_over.png - OK
/image/ui/btn_cancel_default.png - Cancel
/image/ui/btn_cancel_down.png - Cancel
/image/ui/btn_cancel_over.png - Cancel
/image/ui/btn_reset_default.png - Reset
/image/ui/btn_reset_down.png - Reset
/image/ui/btn_reset_over.png - Reset
/image/ui/btn_apply_default.png - Apply
/image/ui/btn_apply_down.png - Apply
/image/ui/btn_apply_over.png - Apply

Boingloing

if I get the time, I may try my hand at the images... :S but viru probably has it covered

g u r l g a m e r

Magnanimous

Attention image editors: there's now plenty to do so get to work if you're interested.

... Also, tepples was right in the other thread. We probably should check with Tetris Online to make sure they're okay with this. >_>

BigAl95

I'm not the best graphics guy, but I was able to throw together some buttons.

Font is Eurostile Bold 18px. I still recommend that the real designers take a crack at this.

Wojtek

I put it back in game and it looks great.

If it's fine with Blink I will publish limited version of patcher soon, it will allow to pack all files expect for game config file. With this anyone will be able to easily try effects of their work.

It seems not many people want to contribute, so you should keep working on it if you have time and you want to do it.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

BigAl95

Got /skin/topbar/default done. Try it out, send some screenshots my way, and I'll see what I can improve on.

Also, do you want to translate files that aren't in use?

Wojtek

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i47.tinypic.com/20zqzhc.jpg\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i47.tinypic.com/20zqzhc.jpg\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Why would we need translation of files than are not in use? This would be waste of time.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland