minor changes

Started by hienwa, December 24, 2009, 05:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hienwa

along with the shoutbox updates from last night, we resized the hot video in the videos section to display better.  Also, the ustream live stream was unnecessarily wide and would display a ton of empty black space so we resized it to be thinner and added a poll in the free area.  You can add your own poll if you want by clicking Add poll at the bottom of it, or my account - contribute - create poll.  Even though the stream player itself is thinner now, the viewable video is still exactly the same size as before.

ok thats all good bye.
http://www.freetoplay.org - for free online games and MMOs!

Boingloing

g u r l g a m e r

Blink

ok some small updates to the site today:

- increased shoutbox character limit (for those long fumen links)
- added a "view all polls" link under the "add your own poll" link.
- revamped the ventrilo server status page : http://www.harddrop.com/ventrilo
- changed the news flash banner to a better coded one with controls to flip through pages
- added a fumen button to the main page

ok thats all goodbye

Blink

Alright, did some things to make the site less cluttered, look nicer, and perform better.  

- Added a searchable and sortable memberlist to the top of the forums, this is also linked on the world page above the world map at http://www.harddrop.com/world

- removed the very long and unsortable member list that was in the world page, this was causing alot of lag

- removed the N-blox game, forum jump, and random poll from main page (polls are now reached by a link in the "Contribute Box" on the main page.  Increased the Ustream video size to a good aspect ratio.

- rearranged a few things, nothing major.

I do notice that the main page and world page are loading faster than they used to.  The world page used to take forever sometimes, but now it's more acceptable.

ohitsstef

Quote from: Blink
Alright, did some things to make the site less cluttered, look nicer, and perform better.  

- Added a searchable and sortable memberlist to the top of the forums, this is also linked on the world page above the world map at http://www.harddrop.com/world

- removed the very long and unsortable member list that was in the world page, this was causing alot of lag

- removed the N-blox game, forum jump, and random poll from main page (polls are now reached by a link in the "Contribute Box" on the main page.  Increased the Ustream video size to a good aspect ratio.

- rearranged a few things, nothing major.

I do notice that the main page and world page are loading faster than they used to.  The world page used to take forever sometimes, but now it's more acceptable.

you're welcome, jt.

We do not forgive. We do not forget.

Blink

- Changed the news banner on the main page to a non flash one, this should make it lighter as well as more mobile browser/apple touch friendly.

solo2001

hey, whatever happend to the "most recent topics" thing at the bottom of the page? that's always the first thing i'd look at!
[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

Blink

I removed it around a month ago, use the recent posts at the top of the forums for now.

Another change: we're transitioning from Ustream to Livestream, which has a better player, better & easier streaming options (just download their procaster and you're set), less laggy player, less buggy (no autoplay out of nowhere bug) plus other improvements.

Also added our LiveStream video catalog to the http://www.harddrop.com/videos page.

Blink

- Found a performance problem with the site and fixed it:  Site should be more stable now, no more (or much fewer) downtimes of long periods that we have had in the past.

- changed the news banner script on main page because the old one was causing problems on webkit browsers (chrome, safari, etc.)

- switched out emoticon sets (Tetris emotes are courtesy of GPD)

- added a twitter and hdo tourney page button to main page

Blink

Some new updates to go along with the new server!

Site features:

+ Added a close button to the emoticon dropdown box inside of profiles/blogs/comments.
+ You can now reach harddrop.com from harddrop.net and harddrop.org as well
+ Auto-redirect to homepage after logging out
+ Ventrilo server is now reached at vent.harddrop.com:18291
+ Added more game choices for your profile choices
+ You can now private message more than 1 user at a time, seperated by a semicolon
+ You can send a private message to all friends by choosing that option
+ Directspace link added in the footer and link sections
+ Tetris game downloads added to the bottom of the wiki mainpage
+ Sharing options added to each news article:

Server:
+ Updated from PHP 5.2.9 to 5.2.13
+ Updated from MYSQL 5.0 to MySQL 5.1.46
+ Updated to Apache 2.2.15

Burbruee

Hey, I just noticed GMail puts my HD subscriptions in junk since the server change!
Anyone else noticed this?

Blink

Quote from: Burbruee
Hey, I just noticed GMail puts my HD subscriptions in junk since the server change!
Anyone else noticed this?

if that's the case you'll have to add a filter in options to never send emails from that email address to the spam folder.

solo2001

Quote from: Blink
+ Tetris game downloads added to the bottom of the wiki mainpage
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]
Terms and Conditions
6. Clones. Do not add or embed any Tetris clone videos to our website. Do not link to Tetris clone websites or download sites that use the tetr and tris affixes.
[/quote]
*GASP*

Blink

that rule was lifted a long time ago, let me update the terms page.

solo2001

Initiating change FTW!