Missions Anybody?

Started by ZZOmega, November 09, 2009, 01:09:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZZOmega

Beat Marathon mode without using the hard or soft drop feature?

F that.

zaphod77

[quote name='Pineapple' date='Nov 9 2009, 10:20 PM' post='10067']
- Make 200 lines using only singles.
[/quote]

Easy.  Annoying, but pretty easy.

- Make 200 lines without clearing any singles.

Definitely harder, but most of the others below qualify this one too.

- Make 200 lines using only doubles.
A pain, but seems doable.
- Make 200 (effectively 201) lines using only triples.
This would be a real pain, as you need l, j, and i to get triples with, unless you do crazy SRS twists.
- Make 200 lines using only tetrises.

Done.

- Make 40 lines in under 1:30 using just doubles and triples.

Interesting.  very interesting.  But that's what combo stacking is for. Start with a very small tetris hole, then make a 2 wide and drop S Z and T into it, with the occasional L and J when they fit.

- Bat the cycle in order (single then double then triple then tetris, not necessarily as a combo) 10 times in a 150 lines game.

Very interesting idea. You are only given 50 extra lines to work with. I'm assuming going out of order doesn't end your cycle, only just doesn't cause it to progress.

- Complete a 200 lines game without using an I tetromino to clear any lines.
Now this one is clever.

A lot of those are harder than you think...

what the heck?!?!  my quotes not working??

Here are some evil missions.

1) maintain back to back for the entire game, without a single tetris.  In other words, clear lines ONLY with t spins.

2) score 5 3 tetris combos in a game of endless marathon. (a 4 or higher combo is completely impossible)

3) clear survival with a bravo.  You got 501 pieces to set it up, and hold.. it should be doable.

4) clear marathon or survival without the field ever going below halfway full after a line clear.

5) same, without ever going below 15 lines left after a clear.

6) clear 20 triples in marathon, but clear 0 of them with an L, J, or I. (quite possible under SRS) All oter lines clears are fine.

7) clear survival using only one piece, other than I or T to clear lines with. Your choice.

Blink

Looks like the mission released today is the tenth and FINAL one.

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]The tenth and final Mission in the Mission Starter Pak is now available! Prepare to dive headfirst into a heated competition of Tetris Tetris Battle 6P where you'll need to launch a total of 500 lines at your competition before the end of the week in order to earn your stripes and the super cool "I Destroy" Badge. Play Now![/quote]

GoldPlatedDish

Actually, there's ANOTHER set of 10 missions under way, hopefully they'll be more challenging than the first 10
As brilliantly stated by Prochnow