The Four And A Half Year Challenge: BEATING BLINK

Started by solo2001, October 23, 2009, 09:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think that I can do it?

"Yes, I BELIEVE IN YOU FORD!"
32 (28.1%)
"Nope"
61 (53.5%)
"Perhaps, considering your personal score vs. the allotted period of time its plausible that... wait! no, there's no way."
21 (18.4%)

Total Members Voted: 115

tempfelix

I suppose my ultimate goal should be sub 30, but with the line clear delay on TF I don't think it will be possible just yet.  Keep up the good work!

bowcy

Well, Ford? You still trying or what? Been busy lately?

solo2001

Quote from: bowcy
Well, Ford? You still trying or what? Been busy lately?
right now i got the highest DAS/AR settings on TF, after swindling the wall street journal for 250 rubies  so i'm just getting used to those right now. I imagine i'll break my record within a couple of weeks. (glad to see people are still keeping tabs on me)
[15:40] DAS44: trolliest thread ever was solo's

chowmain24

woo go ford5000! i didnt know you were solo but i kinda figured it i always look at my friends online your always on sprint hahaha you should play arena a few times with me:D

i was lookin at the sprint scores and solo im only like 3 seconds behind you!  i will beat blink before you! im at 49 seconds btw:)
<div style="overflow: hidden; background-image: url(http://harddrop.com/design/pic/badges/bg_black.png);background-repeat: no-repeat; width: 285px; height: 85px;position:relative;"><span style="width:60px;height:85px;float:left;overflow: hidden;margin-top:10px;margin-left:10px;"><a href="http://hard

solo2001

Quote from: solo2001
Post your questions, comments or the pending onslaught of insults. And JOIN THE CHALLENGE if you don't think that 2010 is a good enough year for you to do anything productive in it.
Just too add another little milestone, May 12th is the one year anniversary of my Tetris Friends account!
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i39.tinypic.com/149rzax.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i39.tinypic.com/149rzax.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

It really doesn't seem that long ago, when FreeTetris.com wasn't working for some reason, but I was already addicted at that point and really wanted to play. So I said fine, and I reluctantly tried Tetris Friends. If FreeTetris wasn't down for that short peroid, I would have continued to playing it, never learning of Sprint (chances are, not even of HardDrop)!
History would have been alot different.

Since I began playing Sprint very soon after, I imagine it's been around a year since I started. I don't remember my initial time, but it's safe to say i've cut down well over a minute (seeing as it's taken an entire year, One minute really doesn't seem like that much )

I suppose you're (probably not) wondering what's next on the horizon. I've gotten a pretty good hold of the higher DAS/AR settings, they'll soon help me cut down those imperative milliseconds. I'm also considering blowing 20 bucks on a Gameboy with Tetris, I'm taking Drivers Ed. soon, and all my friends claim I need some entertainment to get through the boring classes.
It's hard to say when i'll beat my record next, but i'm plotting it to be sooner than later. Until then...

...i dono, i'll be playing a f*ckload of tetris.

DAS44

solo2001

Quote from: DAS44
Get him drunk first
I'll try playing high one of these days.

solo2001

BEAT MY RECORD!!!!!!!!!!!    

44.26 seconds (.58 seconds in 2 months, not too bad)

XaeL

nice, when is your 1 year challenge over?

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Boingloing

oh noez, aren't you running low on time? I'd be FREAKING out, honestly...

g u r l g a m e r

solo2001

Quote from: Boingloing
oh noez, aren't you running low on time? I'd be FREAKING out, honestly...
ehh, whatever

solo2001

Hey, 6000 hits. Didn't even notice till just now

jemm_4

Come on Solo YOU CAN DO IT I BELIEVE IN YOU!!
"Given the real thing and an indistinguishable fake, which is worth more"- Gaen Izuko (Nisemonogatari)
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."- Aristotle

XaeL

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

meow

are you using the new DAS and AR settings? i think that's cheating!