Tetris Effect

Started by ZZOmega, October 14, 2009, 09:59:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow

used to have this when i played tetrinet2... but not anymore

SuperMeowMix

Same here, tnet2 when i was a newb, went away after a while. It did slightly come back when i started learning double rotate and went away again. Makes u wonder how the brain rewires itself don't it? Ah, within a decade or so, we'll be able to electronically simulate the human brain. (ie. "Blue Brain Project")
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/kotetsu213/cat_slaps_amphibian.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/kotetsu213/cat_slaps_amphibian.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' al

Shizi

Quote from: meow
used to have this when i played tetrinet2... but not anymore

same with me
only back then

ZZOmega

Quote from: SuperMeowMix
Same here, tnet2 when i was a newb, went away after a while. It did slightly come back when i started learning double rotate and went away again. Makes u wonder how the brain rewires itself don't it? Ah, within a decade or so, we'll be able to electronically simulate the human brain. (ie. "Blue Brain Project")

I just checked out that Blue Brain Project. Ohmygod.

GoldPlatedDish

Okay, now I'm officially addicted to Tetris, 'cuz I dreamt about TGM-style play with various polyominoes of various colors and shapes...Rainbow I-pieces to make a rainbow Tetris
But earlier in the dream, I saw Roger Dean's logo plastered on the outside walls of the local mall
Creepy!

Okey_Dokey

GDC (Game Developers Conference) happened 2 weeks ago. The 1 hour long Tetris Effect talk is one of only few talks you can watch for free.

Click me

Besides Tetsuya Mizuguchi and Mark MacDonald, It also features Art Director Takashi Ishihara giving insights in the Tetris Effect development process. At 9:40 you can see a nice preproduction video and at 49:20 you can see a prototype of a downstack mode that sadly didn't make it into the final game.

edit: sorry, video seems to be behind the paywall now.