Trying to pass Statistics

Started by Corrosive, September 23, 2009, 09:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corrosive

I am having to take Statistics this semester and I've been doing good so far, barely passed the first test with 70.5 when the majority of the class failed and blamed the teacher. But anyway I will be posting problems that I need direct answers to when I can't get a answer from Blink who usually helps me on AIM.

The National Assessment of Education Progress/Young Adult Literacy Assessment Survey (NAEP) was given to thousands of men age 21 to 25. The distribution of the scores is described as normal with mean 272 and standard deviation 60. Answer the next two questions using this information.

12) What proportion of the young men scored between 250 and 300?
a. 0.5398
b. 0.3227
c. 0.8300
d. 0.7995

13) What is the NAEP score that is higher than approximately 65% of all the scores in the data set?
a. 295.12
b. 316.53
c. 248.88
d. 176.80

15) A single scatterplot could be used to display
a. the zip code and gender of HPU business majors
b. the weight, height, and age of each HPU business majors
c. the GPA and race of HPU business majors
d. the GPA and annual income of HPU business majors along with their class (freshman, sophomore, etc.)

16) Given the following statements, which choice is true?
I. If the correlation coefficient r is close to -1, there is a strong linear association between the variables.
II. The correlation coefficient r will not change if the units of measurement on the variables are changed.
a. only I is true
b. only II is true
c. both I and II are true
d. neither I nor II is true
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

SpawN

I took statistics last semester and got A- ,but i`m too sleepy to do anything right now. It was a strange class though. I almost failed, the first exam, my worst score ever, but got 100/100 on the final. My teacher was hispanic macho favoring all the women in class.He was driving me crazy.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Albert Einstein

Shizi

haha i had fun with stats all summer!

meow

Corrosive

"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"

EnFuego

Are you looking for an explanation or just the quick answers?

I am taking probability and statistics this semester but most of it is geared towards probability questions.

Corrosive

quick answers. gonna post more questions later today cause i have an online quiz to do
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"

Rosti_LFC

Quick answers are worthless unless there's working shown.

Getting other people to do the work for you defeats the entire point of doing the work.

Corrosive

I don't think school or college is about "doing work," its about how well you can short-term memorize useless crap that you won't even need to know or use in real life.
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"

Rosti_LFC

You do need to know and you do use the stuff you learn because you take exams on it and these exams will determine if you can get a well paid/enjoyable job or not. Once you've taken the exam you might not use it ever again (depends on the subject) but up until that point nothing they teach you is useless.

If you're memorising things and you're not doing medicine then you're doing it wrong. The point is to learn and understand it so you don't need to just memorise it. The whole point of homework and stuff is to reinforce the learning and understanding through repetition, and you don't get that if you just take answers from random people off the internet with no asking whatsoever for how they've got the answers.

m__

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
You do need to know and you do use the stuff you learn because you take exams on it and these exams will determine if you can get a well paid/enjoyable job or not. Once you've taken the exam you might not use it ever again (depends on the subject) but up until that point nothing they teach you is useless.

not to mention when you start taking harder classes the stuff all tends to build on the prior classes.

College was very hard for me.   I still use and expand on what I learned today.    There is nothing wrong with enjoying life while you are young.    I partied like a rock star and traveled back and forth all over the place.  Sometimes you need to buckle down to set yourself up for the future.   Now I have a solid job and enjoy life even more.

jdapple

hahaha!  corro i can so relate!  i hate getting stuck, and it's always great if someone else who knows the stuff helps out!  ;D  im guessing 15 might be D because zip code isnt numerical, b has too many other factors, and C well not comparing numbers really!  if not D then maybe C? gl!

SpawN

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Albert Einstein

Corrosive

asdf
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"

kitty

cheater. just google the answers.
kitty