Deniax got contacted by TTC

Started by Blink, September 19, 2009, 01:53:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DumbledorsArmy

Ahhh, #*&%.......

Lets see where this goes.........

jdapple

TTC. :'(  i hope everything's going to be alright - blockbox and tetrisfriends are different though, and many people who play blockbox play tetris friends as well

bowcy

*cocks rifle* TTC must pay the price.

PetitPrince

Well if BB is going down you could make this affair public, i.e. post on game sites like Joystick, Kotaku, etc. with a dramatic title, an explanation of what TTC is and have done, lots of angst and a rebellion manifesto.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
Neon TGM Evangelist :: "Tetris the Grand Master is the best (single player) Tetris ever"
I wrote TeDiGe-2 (Github | Bug/suggestion tickets | [url=http:/

rednefed

Yeah, get some publicity... could draw more players to Blockbox and their support as well.
Wonder what the masses think of TTC, though.

Corrosive

An excerpt from when I interviewed Deniax on July 15th:

[04:53] <Corro> Some people worry at the thought of Blockbox someday getting shut down by the Tetris Company like TetriNET2 did. Is this a possibility? Why or why not.

[05:03] <Deniax> The difference with Blockbox is that there is a commercial company behind it. So we won't give up easy. Also, if they sue us, this will only give Blockbox more publicity  I don't see a reason why TTC would sue us, we are doing nothing wrong. I don't want to say why or why not, because I don't want to lay out all my cards on the table in case they do sue us. Until now, we have not received a cease and desist letter. If we do, of course, the community and many others will know. Also, TTC should spend more energy in listing to the community instead of sending angry letters to fan based products. Remember Metallica vs Napster? Listen to your community and what they want, do not kill your own fanbase!
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

Shizi

as much as i love bb my gut instinct tells me its going down

SuperMeowMix

Quote from: Corrosive
Remember Metallica vs Napster? Listen to your community and what they want, do not kill your own fanbase!

Quote from: Shizi
as much as i love bb my gut instinct tells me its going down

Sigh, history is going to repeat itself over and over. Greedy corps don't wanna listen to their user base, they want complete control and stamp out the competition. Such a bad business model, nobody wins. You have the pissed off fans and you get bad PR. Give ppl what they want or quit crying!!

ps. i want my rotate and fast drop dammit!!
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/kotetsu213/cat_slaps_amphibian.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/kotetsu213/cat_slaps_amphibian.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' al

caffeine

Aren't BB's servers in Europe? Has TTC ever gone after someone outside the States before?

Corrosive

Quote from: caffeine
Aren't BB's servers in Europe? Has TTC ever gone after someone outside the States before?

Yes the servers are in Europe and No TTC hasn't from what I've been hearing
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"

meow

TTC should have been smarter and not have rejected deniax/gamepoint when they were applying for an official licence.

BB is currently the best online tetris game (alongside TOJ). It's home to most, if not all, the top players outside korea/japan. TTC wants to shut it down just because they can, ie to display their big epenis. Instead of using their money to develop a better game, they spend it on lawyers to bully everyone else. Yep, that's what TTC is good for...

Hank Rodgers or wahtever, shove it up your a** plz

nismo

Horrible news to come back home to.  I can't imagine replacing BB with TF or really even TOJ.

Corrosive

"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"

TetrisdAiSuki

Oh dear. Deniax we're all with you!
LJ 40 lines 00:44.63 135.77TPM - 100 lines 02:01.95 - 180s 41.700
TGM GM 10:42:66 - 20G GM 10:28:00 - BM S9 - REV S4
TAP Normal 480736 - Master [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?

Ghett0

I can't believe I just came back to Tetris, and now this...