Unbelievable...truly unbelievable scores....

Started by madjacksanchez, September 13, 2009, 01:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madjacksanchez

I'm looking at some of the replays on www.tetrisfriends.com, and I'm frankly offended that some of these people have high scores given their obvious use of assistance software.  

Being really really good is one thing, but not ever making one mistake and getting nothing but Tetrises throughout the whole game is simply not possible without the use of a computer aid, and NO ONE can move as fast as some of these high scores indicate.  

I hate competing with software instead of people.  

For example...how the hell do you have a 100% win ratio of 6P Battle on rank 20?  You NEVER have an off game?  Just completely unrealistic.

Stan

Uhm; if you're talking about Sprint; we get those high scores through luck and a lot of restarts...
Not just 1 playthrough. I have to have restarted 200 times to get my 52:xx
TetrisFriends Profile // Facebook
AIM: qgstkpnjtp // OS: Mac OS X 10.5.6

Blink

hey that's me! it's possible lol.  I have off games but with the solid garbage system, maintaining back to back is a good strategy.  That combined with the garbage being sent to 1 person instead of all means you're not really pressured that hard and can b2b at will.

iphys

I haven't seen a lot of cheaters on TF, except for sprint, and their scores usually don't stay up there very long before they disappear.  Usually you can tell when they've cheated because you see their pieces flutter awkwardly all over the place really fast with no finesse.

madjacksanchez

I wasn't talking about a 0:52 Sprint.  I can see that.  I'm talking about a 0:27 Sprint.  Absolutely ridiculous.  

I have stood next to thousands of Tetris players in my lifetime.  I have seen some really good ones, and some really bad ones, but some of these replays that I am seeing are ludicrous.  

There is a 43:00 Survival Mode replay in which someone plays blind for over a half hour....wtf?

iphys

Some TGM players are really good at invisible mode.  If you can learn to picture where you've placed all your pieces in your head, it's not impossible to play invisible mode, although personally I suck at it.

hurtchow

Heh, it is incredible what we can accomplish. Extremes can be a wonderful thing.

I'd use their records as motivation to get better rather than say the glass is half-empty, though.

Can someone tell me about the cheating software that people use, and how it works?
Tetris DS Friend Code: 485942 003301
My Music: http://www.myspace.com/bettergangway

Blink

Quote from: madjacksanchez

There is a 43:00 Survival Mode replay in which someone plays blind for over a half hour....wtf?

That's our very own moderator Kitaru, he's legit.  He sometimes live streams himself playing TF Survival, and I know he practices TGM full invisible - which is even more difficult than TF's.

jujube

that would be Kitaru.

you're probably not going to find any cheaters in survival and battle. even if someone can slow the game down, that doesn't mean they'll be good enough to score high or survive, because they just won't make the same decisions as a strong player playing at full speed. and strong players don't slow the game down because they don't have to

wqqqqwrt

Kitaru is sick. he is actually one of my favorite tetris players ever.

jujube

all you have to do is play some live multiplayer (TF live, TOJ, Blockbox) to get an idea of what players are capable of.

madjacksanchez

Sorry for being a whiner.  You say they're legit.  They're legit.  

Fair enough.

My apologies.

DumbledorsArmy

People always so quick to jump to conclusions.......

Blink

Sorry for being a whiner.  You say they're legit.  They're legit.  

Fair enough.

My apologies.

No worries madjack, there are cheaters popping up on Tetris Friends Sprint pretty much daily so it wasnt that far off to assume.  Glad we cleared it up for you though.

kitty

Blink hacks ! just kiddin, I will tell you that he doesn't and if you don't believe me, you can go to this house and watch him play...or watch his utube video where he's doing the 40second thingy watever.
kitty