Rotation Controls

Started by Olivizzle, September 08, 2009, 02:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olivizzle

I got a quick question for all you fast guys.

When I rotate my pieces i only use my up arrow which rotates right.

Do you guys use the rotate right/rotate left buttons instead of just one, and if so what are your configs?

nismo

This thread will answer all of your questions: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1244

Some quick info: learn to double rotate, and right hand move and drop, left hand rotate and hold.

Olivizzle

Opius

I've been using the right hand controls to rotate and move, but am thinking about changing controls to make UP ARROW fast drop and left hand hold and rotate. When I used to play Tetris Worlds back in the day, I used to rotate both ways, making it easier to drop and stack pieces more quicker and more efficiently. I'm getting back into that habit, and I use the TF default controls.
"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure while always arriving. Saves on introductions and goodbyes." - Boat Car Guy in the movie "Waking Life"

Magnanimous

Olivizzle, if you're already usng Up to rotate, then you might want to consider making Down the counter-rotate instead of completely overhauling your control setup. Or whatever.
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

tepples

Back in the days of Bricklayer for Mac, I used to play with (I think) 4 and 6 move, 8 and 5 rotate, and 0 hard drop.

Olivizzle

Quote from: Magnanimous
Olivizzle, if you're already usng Up to rotate, then you might want to consider making Down the counter-rotate instead of completely overhauling your control setup. Or whatever.

Yeah, I tried that, but it didn't work to well. The controls were so similar to the old layout I was having a lot of trouble registering the new button layout.

I ended up changing my layout so I had:

Right/left: right/left
Hard Drop: down
Soft Drop: up
rotate left: S
Rotate right: F
Hold:D

It seems to work alright... even though it feels like my tetris ability has been divided by 10.

Changing your layout is hard >.<