Blockbox is really laggy!

Started by Anonymous, September 02, 2009, 11:05:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Recently, many players on Blockbox have been having lag problems. I'm not sure why this has been happening, but I might have figured out a temporary fix.

I was really laggy on my account anonymous on Blockbox, so I logged in as a guest, and this seemed to stop the lag.

Hope this helps!

Edit: I just logged in as anonymous, and it's not laggy anymore for me. I don't know if logging in as a guest helps or not, but it might be worth a try.
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

babieh0ney

i can't even get on blockbox when i'm on campus. oh wells.

Rosti_LFC

Define "laggy".
CPU lag or connection lag? There's a reasonable difference.

Also, I think it's something Deniax did a day or two ago, and he's currently fixing it.

Anonymous

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
Define "laggy".
CPU lag or connection lag? There's a reasonable difference.

Also, I think it's something Deniax did a day or two ago, and he's currently fixing it.

Well, I'm not experiencing the problem anymore, so I can't be sure; but I don't think it would be CPU lag, since I don't think that Blockbox is really CPU intensive. So I'm guessing that it's connection lag. And also, when you sign into Blockbox, after Blockbox checks for your version of java, the loading time to connect to the Blockbox room seems to be  a lot longer than it usually is.
My awesome downstacking guide, last updated (Jan 29, 2013): Downstacker's Guide to the Galaxy
Tired of the same old Tetris games? Read my idea for a revamped Tetris game! The Next

BigAl95

It sits there and loads forever, when it used to load pretty much instantly.

When I do get in, everything is dramatically slowed down. Huge frame rate loss as well.

I_AM_SAND

why blockbox broken. someone call deniax.

clincher

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]why blockbox broken. someone call deniax.[/quote]
You should try checking the forums
http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showt...=1261&st=90
It's all about the love

Blink