Tetris Friends Online - First Impressions?

Started by GOOBZILLA, August 27, 2009, 02:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

clincher

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]the % is how close you are to levelling up, which I think is done by gaining experience from playing games - not sure.[/quote]
Yes.
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]The T-Spin Singles that uses wallkick. Are you referring to EZ T-Spin? If so, we feel that action is too simple to execute therefore, doesn't merit any line sent.[/quote]
That sucks, I don't use them that much but they come in handy when you have an S and a Z as your starting pieces
BTW according to the Tetris Support guy rooms in the future are gonna have the Ready system and a kick function.
They are also planning to have an option to create your own maps, I'm sure Spawn is gonna be happy to hear this.
It's all about the love

SuperMeowMix

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
Or just play someone who is around your skill level    

Anyone else struggling with hold? Seems for me at least that I have to press the button for longer than I expect. I can't just tap it because it won't actually swap the piece. Has caused me dozens of misdrops because I thought I held a piece when I didn't.

the hold is a bit slow for me too, i misdrop for the same reason! does anybody else have screen focus problems? sometimes my keys will randomly stop working and i have to click back on the field to get it working again. very annoying!
[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/kotetsu213/cat_slaps_amphibian.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b230/kotetsu213/cat_slaps_amphibian.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' al

virulent

*thumbs up*

sometimes garbage piles up too quickly & kills one person when everyone else is untouched. ;[

but other than that i like that there's no customizable das~
that way you have to learn how to stack vs learning how to go fast.

is there a way to talk w/o clicking on the chat box? like in toj you press enter..
which btw bb should add tOo! *hint hint* :]
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

xlro

too many unregistered keypresses here - it starts to get really anoying
other from that, its a pretty nice frist beta
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]NullpoMino[/div]

clincher

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]does anybody else have screen focus problems? sometimes my keys will randomly stop working and i have to click back on the field to get it working again. very annoying![/quote]
Not randomly just when I go to another window or another tab in my browser, but yeah really annoying
It's all about the love

Rosti_LFC

Bit disappointed that the rating maxes out so quickly at 2000. Would have preferred it to be more like Tetris DS where it's virtually impossible to reach the highest rating.

nismo

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
Bit disappointed that the rating maxes out so quickly at 2000. Would have preferred it to be more like Tetris DS where it's virtually impossible to reach the highest rating.

Agreed although it doesn't really matter now.  If ratings ever mean anything in the future though, like in the ranked rooms it would be kind of dumb to have it top out at 2000.

iphys

I was surprised my rating kept rising when I was on there, not that I know if I'd make it to 2000, but I'm already closer than I expected to get.  Well, maybe they'll figure out the rating system is crap and adjust it if people are maxing it out in beta.  I was really disappointed with the stupid rating system on Tetris Party that allows people to max out at 9999 if they're willing to sit around beating mediocre players over and over again.  The TDS rating system was definitely much better.

GoldPlatedDish

Love the item play, but it's the rotation lock that gets me
And automatic solid garbage, blah!
I don't understand those 'Your Nemesis' things
Other than that, it really sounds promising!

thazzle

Blink

what do you guys think of the combos?  in FFA it seems fine but in 1v1 it seems overpowered.

hurtchow

I really hate the solid garbage that comes after about 100 seconds. Terrible idea.
Tetris DS Friend Code: 485942 003301
My Music: http://www.myspace.com/bettergangway

pinkyy

Quote from: hurtchow
I really hate the solid garbage that comes after about 100 seconds. Terrible idea.

ditto lol. its shortening the time youre playing:|
also when you cant rotate your block is really frustrating!

TGM

nismo

Quote from: pinkyy
ditto lol. its shortening the time youre playing:|
also when you cant rotate your block is really frustrating!

I believe TOJ has the same thing, to keep games from dragging on.  I personally would probably rather it be taken off but I can live with it :s  What do you mean when you can't rotate your block?