Mental Tetris

Started by Magnanimous, August 13, 2009, 12:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Algrokos

Quote from: oliv
You can't make a true randomizer in your head. It will always be biased.
oddly enough I am biased towards S and Z i really really like it when i can lay them flat in a two slot.  my ocd kicking in and stuff =)
I eat babies.  Yum.

Groklord

I thought it was my own invention from 2 years ago, but I guess other people thought about it too (kind of like Calculus and the Light-bulb).

I used to have a hard time thinking about how the field looks all the time but at some point I just stopped trying to actively think about it and allowed my mind to do the math for me, I'm still playing that same game from 2 years ago (yay for mental pause) and I'm at level 2031 with 20309 lines and counting.

It's a great way to try out new strategy (such as T-spins, combos, etc.)

I just hope no one patents it anytime soon, I would hate to be fined whenever my thoughts start drifting.

Stan

TetrisFriends Profile // Facebook
AIM: qgstkpnjtp // OS: Mac OS X 10.5.6

not_trig

Quote from: nguboy
I always win my Theory Mental Tetris games.

whoa. same! XD

it's kinda annoying sometimes. I imagine my t-spinning setup and always get the right pieces, except... it just runs in the background and takes up my mental bandwidth, and I can't concentrate. so bad for me

Azure-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tetris_Effect

This is essentially what you guys are talking about, isn't it?

m__

Quote from: BigAl95
Haha, I actually do this all the time. I can clear a few lines but then I give up because I forgot what setup I had.

if you forget your setup, just re-invent it

Achille

I do mental tetris every night when I try to sleep...

I am always impressed by the power of a brain !

If they ever tell my story, let them say I walked with giants.

Men rise and fall like the winter wheat but these names will never die.

Let them say I lived in the time of Hector tamer of horses.

Let them say... ...I lived in the time of Achilles.

flamewheel91

Hmm.
I just imagine T-spin milking through Ultra.  Even a biased generator doesn't leave me with much room for error...