BOTS on Tetris Friends

Started by elbozi, August 07, 2009, 02:38:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elbozi

I suspect that most users you play against on Tetris Friends are Bots

Here is my evidence

1. Player availability
No matter what time of day or night, no matter what game or even game map in 2 player level, you never ever have to wait for players to come in.  Also at all skill levels there is never ever a wait.

2. Ever run into a Guest Player if ever?
You can play as guest, but in my 20 hours of play I have yet to play against a Guest

3. Players never stack out
See this all the time in Blockles where a player has to take a call or just gives up and stacks the pieces out

4. Players are extremely consistent
In speed and play style,  I know some seem to take exactly about the same time for each piece, never in surge slow down.

5. You cant talk or friend anyone
Easy way to hide bots if you cant chat or msg them

6. Players don't disconnect

7. Have not really seen any TNet players despite a lot of play
Nor do I see them listed in the rankings

Have you experienced some of this as well on Tetris Friends?   I do like the challenge and speed of play, but I suspect they have that thing propped up with a lot of bots currently.

caustic

you are actually playing peoples replays
The universe is an infinite sphere whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere.

Blink

incase you didn't know, the multiplayer on Tetris Friends is actually asynch, meaning you're playing a replay of previously played games.  They aren't bots, they're real players playing but it's a replay you're competing against.  this is why they seem to continue stacking no matter whether or not they're about to top out, and it's also the reason for the solid garbage.  The person or people you are playing aren't there live, which is why there is no chatting, and you are able to pause whenever you want.  Real-time multiplayer is currently in development, with a possible closed beta ready for testing around August 17th (if they keep their deadline).

meow

i give tetris friends' real time multiplayer mode an authentic tetris games seal of quality!

elbozi

Quote from: meow
i give tetris friends' real time multiplayer mode an authentic tetris games seal of quality!

I am depressed now.

GOOBZILLA

biggest fail thread of 09. Facebook tetris clearly select peoples replays which fit into your level of play.The fact that there is no waiting time proves this. Otherwize your theory would mean every single person on facebook tetris use a bot.

bl
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]

Goob's Money Crew[/div][div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

Blink

Quote from: GOOBZILLA
biggest fail thread of 09. Facebook tetris clearly select peoples replays which fit into your level of play.The fact that there is no waiting time proves this. Otherwize your theory would mean every single person on facebook tetris use a bot.

bl

it's okay , he didn't know, he's not the first to think they were actual people playing live.  glad we cleared it up though.

Quicksand

Hey elbozi, I remember you from blockles. You should come play at blockbox if you're looking for some multiplayer action. Ask Thor to come play, too =P

clincher

Stop changing nicknames/usernames Quicksand
It's all about the love