Game Infoboxes on the Wiki

Started by Digital, August 01, 2009, 05:29:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Digital

I am just rolling these threads out.  

In the spirit of change and growth, the game infoboxes on our wiki are in need of a facelift. Right now, our Infobox template only contains room for the following information.

Game
- Developer(s)
- Publisher(s)
- Release Dates(s)
- Platform(s)

Gameplay Info
- Next pieces
- Playfield dimensions
- Hold piece
- Hard drop
- Rotation system

Pictures
- Boxart
- Menu
- Gameplay

We're looking for suggestions on what to add to the box, what to remove, or even entirely new concepts.

Here's the [wiki]Tetris Friends[/wiki] infobox for reference.

jujube

it would be good if it had multiplayer yes/no, with something like "yes, vs replay" in the case of Tetris Friends and some cell phone tetris games.

Digital

Good idea. Maybe we can take it a step further and indicate up to how many players can play at once and also if there is co-op.

I was also thinking of things like DAS speed, combo/T-Spin/BtB/etc bonuses, and possibly line clear gravity.

jujube

yeah those would be good to. some things could get complicated, like the lack of T-spin recognition in TDS push, or different timings in Tetris Zone modes. if the infobox was expanded enough it could handle those things.

Digital

Perhaps we can make the infoboxes more modular by having sub-infoboxes. Some games may make use of certain info while others might not, so we can add or remove whichever parts aren't needed for each game.

Or I guess if the information gets too specific, they might belong in the article and not in the box.