Your ISP Speed Tests!

Started by hienwa, July 22, 2009, 06:58:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Webby

yesterday they came to do the new glassfiber cable thru my town. They offer 50/05 or 100/100 for a few bucks a month

clincher

Am I the only one with higher upload speed? I'm a giver

btw i liked the older  ": P"
It's all about the love

m__

Quote from: oliv
[a href=\\\"http://www.speedtest.net\\\" target=\\\"_blank\\\"]

whoot, what kind of router do you have?  I need a new one.  I get 20+ Mb/s if I wire into my modem, but that drops down to 4 Mb/s if I add my router to the loop (wired or wifi)

oliv

jujube

i bypassed my router this time and got the same results. of course when i tested the last time, this computer was the only thing here online.

Rosti: that's ridiculously fast heh.

oliv

jujube

Rosti_LFC

hes at the uni while im at home. I win

Not really. When I can download files at 11MB/s it gives me plenty of opportunity to fill my 1TB harddrive for stuff to watch during the bandwidth drought at home.

I say both win.

oliv

Rosti_LFC

i can hit 11MB/s aswell. I think the highest i did was 4 mb/s though. are u allowed to use p2p software at the university ? i know i wasnt

You can't actually hit 11MB/s. That'd imply at least 88Mbit connection, when you're on around 50, clearly.

There's an underground DC network in the university, which is 100Mbit because it's basically a LAN connection, and which we can download as much as we want from without penalty because it's internal traffic. I managed to download 60GB of movies in a single day last term and heard nothing from it.
Torrents sort of work, but as they're external traffic, I can't download too much in a single day or the college will get on my ass for it, so I limit it to around 1GB/day or so. They tend to struggle to connect a bit, but if the connections that get through go to decent seeders I can get fairly rapid download speeds through. I don't really need torrents much anyway because of the DC network though.

jujube

i can't even imagine needing to download at 11 MB/s but i guess i would if i could
generally i'm satisfied if i can stream videos without it stopping periodically to buffer, and that's the case for me 90% of the time.

DraKKiE

Xbox Live: dj stanz
AOL Instant Messenger: djstanny

oliv

euni

caffeine

Mine's too embarrassing to post. AT&T tells me U-verse is coming to my area soon, but we'll see.

Rosti, your connection implies 11MBps, but can you actually download from servers that fast. What's the "ceiling" on most web servers if there is one?