The Anime/Manga Thread

Started by Rosti_LFC, July 19, 2009, 02:53:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosti_LFC

What about Umineko no Naku Koro ni or the new Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei series?

clincher

Umineko No Naku Koro Ni looks good, I enjoyed Higurashi so I'm sure I'll enjoy Umineko too.
I just finished Kanon and it's a great anime.
Has anyone seen Kurokami?
It's all about the love

Rosti_LFC

Last few episodes of FullMetal Alchemist Brotherhood have been really excellent. Superb plot twists and suspense.

Really showing off just how poor the original series actually was.

I've not seen Kurokami but I've been recommended it by a mate of mine.

Ando

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]though at a stretch I'll allow One Piece[/quote]

what do you mean?!?!

one piece is the best manga EVER!!!
Current Goal: GET KNOWN BY EVERYONE ON HERE

Tetris DS: 162047 665731

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: Ando
what do you mean?!?!

Yeah, but it's still stupidly long-running. The "at a stretch" is because, unlike Bleach and Naruto, it's managed to keep itself reasonably good and hasn't got formulaic or developed a weird fanbase of freaks.

GoldPlatedDish

Quote from: Ando
what do you mean?!?!

I second that
Lots of comic relief  

AwesomeTurtle

My list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/AwesomeTurtle

Also, I'm currently an editor in the group Koharubi, and I have to say that Higashi no Eden is one of the greatest things I've seen to date. Can't wait for the movies.

GOOBZILLA

Code Geass
Neon Genesis
knuffsaid
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]

Goob's Money Crew[/div][div align=\\\"center\\\"]
[/div]

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: AwesomeTurtle
My list: http://myanimelist.net/animelist/AwesomeTurtle

Your should really finish series before you start new ones  

Corrosive

Where the f*** have u been Rosti?

my favorite animes are pokemon and dragonballz
"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: Corrosive
Where the f*** have u been Rosti?

I've been around?

I've actually had a work placement for the last four weeks though, so haven't been on the internet too much. Not much time for Tetris either.

Monte

Quote from: Rosti_LFC
What about Umineko no Naku Koro ni or the new Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei series?

I really didn't like Sayonara Sensei, the art was good but I didnt' really care for the actual show. I hear Umineko no Naku Koro ni is good but I was hoping for some action satisfaction this season but no shows shows are providing that for me so maybe I'll check it out. I probably will, actually. I was also thinking about restarting Hayate but everytime I think of it I also get reminded about how annoying Nagi is. My god, everytime she talks I want to stab my ears, she offers nothing to the show for me. it's a shame that she's so annoying cause the other characters are really good.
Monte: you scared of the rookie of the year
Digital: sigh, I'm soooo scared
Digital: *digital pees in his pants*

Rosti_LFC

To forward a EVERYONE MUST READ THIS recommendation from a person who has seen virtually all anime known to man, people should read Liar Game

http://n-u-l-l.net/?a=manga-view&i=6&d=10&t=0

It's very similar to Kaiji, and pre-sh*t Death Note for being based around mind-games, deception and other psychological stuff. Through the first two volumes and it's fantastic so far. Like, seriously epic.
It's basically like if you took the sort of basis for Kaiji and had someone with a similar mental capacity as Light or L as one of the players. The plot twists and subtle mind games going on are absolutely amazing.

clincher

Sounds really interesting I'm gonna download when my internet is better
Thanks for the suggestion Rosti I haven't seen any anime or read any Manga lately
It's all about the love

ohitsstef

i watched elfeen lied recently.. (recently = few nights ago) and it was amazing! i love gore.. doot doo doo. School Days is another anime I watched in one night, that was.. LOL amazing. My friend said he wouldn't even think of cheating on his gf after watching that. I've seen Death Note.. and I'm going to start up on Naruto and Bleach again.. they're filler whoores though.  

hmm and i'm not too big into manga anymore like i used to, but i read whatever my sister brings home. she has some ballet manga loooll B.O.D.Y (interesting), inuyasha?  (old school), hana kimi (old) .. yeaahh not up to date on mangas

blegh

We do not forgive. We do not forget.