Someone should stage an intervention...

Started by river140, July 15, 2009, 12:18:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

river140

Hello! My mom used to play tetris a bunch when I was little (NES, and then on Genesis) and I would watch in awe, not understanding how she could possibly be capable of creating line after line. I played a few times while I was still little, but mostly I'd just get frustrated and my blocks would pile up and I'd die.
As I was walking home a few years ago with a friend I noticed a garage sale. I didn't have any money but we decided to look around anyway. Tucked into a brown paper bag in the corner of a garage we discovered a beautiful NES stored away with two controllers and about ten games, including tetris. We asked how much they'd sell it for, and they said FIVE DOLLARS! Five dollars!!!!! Oh my gosh, I got so excited. Even though I had no money, I begged my friend into paying for it.
Tetris then became my main form of procrastination.

When I close my eyes at night, I see tetrominoes falling from the darkness above me...

Edit-
I forgot to say, I play on tetrisfriends.com,  they have fun vs. modes and everything is so bright and cheery. I tried blockbox but  I'm so used to the controls on tetrisfriends that I get confused and do horrible

bowcy

change your controls on blockbox! you can on the far right tab when you select a game

EnFuego

Seeing the tetris blocks falling when trying to sleep is actually pretty common amongst people who play tetris a lot. Your brain cannot fully comprehend what it is doing while you play so when your not using ur brain it starts to break down the information.

Tetrisfriends controls are not set to be very optimal. I would suggest reading the controls section of the strategy/help section. They give a bunch of tips for better controls and it is easier to learn a new control scheme earlier than later

SiRTeTRiS

Yeah as far as blockbox goes click Start and then go to Controls and look at the controls on Tetrisfriends and then just adjust them to your liking.

hienwa

5 dollars thats a bargain!

Anyways, nice to meet you river140 thats so cool that ur mom played Tetris.
http://www.freetoplay.org - for free online games and MMOs!

river140

Hi everyone!
Alright fine! I'll go try Blockbox again. We'll see how it goes.

I was actually thinking I should challenge my mom. She doesn't really know how to use the internet, but maybe if I hooked up the nintendo the next time I visit her we could have some quality mother-daughter time. I'm pretty sure I'd kill her  

EnFuego

You better watch out though she might have been practicing and can turn the tables on you.