Taking a break from Tetris

Started by bowcy, July 15, 2009, 11:58:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bowcy

I'm taking a week off, started Sunday three days ago... this stuff was consuming my time so badly; it was sooo addicting.  How long do y'all usually play per sitting?

river140

Well, it's become somewhat of an obsession lately. I could play for hours on end, only begrudgingly stopping to eat and sleep, hahaha

EnFuego

Sometimes I go for hours, sometimes only 5 minutes. Usually I manage to get all the important stuff done outside of tetris. Although, there are times when I tell myself only a few more games for a couple hours.

bowcy

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--] Well, it's become somewhat of an obsession lately. I could play for hours on end, only begrudgingly stopping to eat and sleep, hahaha [/quote]

That's EXACTLY how I was... lol. Which is why I need to stop for a while so I can recover in summer school-- I was copying thermo 2 homework off of a solutions manual and scraped by the first test with a 75, so... And is it sad that I have a Tetris version of earth as my destop wallpaper??

river140

I have no real responsibilities during the summer. Not this summer at least. I technically have a job (as a substitute teacher), but I don't get any hours so I feel unemployed. I have way too much spare time!
I play considerably less while I'm taking courses though. You should definitely take some time off.

OOoooo, I want tetris wallpaper!

heretic

i'm currently unemployed and am out of school until september, so i really have nothing important to do. i've been playing blockbox for 5 or so hours each day, trying to get better, but i usually end up getting nowhere and ultimately just frustrate myself.

i've decided to tone it down a bit too, stopping to do something else if i get too annoyed or something. i realized that you usually don't play at your best when you're in a bad mood, so there's no use forcing it.

Rosti_LFC

I won't play more than an hour a day on average I don't think.

Also, at a higher level of skill breaks have been proven to make you better at Tetris.

caustic

i work 3 12 hour days and get paid for 40 hours. so i have 4 days to do what i want. my older sister told me about tetris friends.com thats was 2 weeks ago. before that it was a decade or more since i played it. i am horrible now. thought i was good til i saw what good really was. i suck but that doesnt stop me from playing 5 or more hours a day on my four days off. so you havent been playing but you log on to a site dedicated to tetris and talk about tetris? man, you got it bad!
The universe is an infinite sphere whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere.

bowcy

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--] so you havent been playing but you log on to a site dedicated to tetris and talk about tetris? man, you got it bad! [/quote]

Hah! That's very true. But we didn't get any homework today and I've been free since noon doing nothing-- well, I did accomplish going to Walmart to grab some cookies... haha

DraKKiE

if i have nothing to do.. hours in a day!  on busy days, i don't play at all!
Xbox Live: dj stanz
AOL Instant Messenger: djstanny