What is your current occupation?

Started by SpawN, July 15, 2009, 02:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EnFuego

Quote from: illshill
i run a liquor store

hurry up and buy!

That seems like a fun job. Is there a tetris player discount?

Webby

I write software for hospitals. Digital image aquisition and video recording for different modalities. Digital reporting. And a lot of interface work between our system and others using HL7, DICOM, ebXML webservices.

I also write software to keep track of scopes for endoscopy. Using RFID chips and desfinfection machines with rs232 output. When they hook up a scope the live image won't show up for video recording when it isn't clean.

gezmodean

Quote from: Webby
I write software for hospitals. Digital image aquisition and video recording for different modalities. Digital reporting. And a lot of interface work between our system and others using HL7, DICOM, ebXML webservices.

I also write software to keep track of scopes for endoscopy. Using RFID chips and desfinfection machines with rs232 output. When they hook up a scope the live image won't show up for video recording when it isn't clean.

Very cool.  I have some friends in Biotechnology in the Boston area who work on MRI and CT Scan software out here.  Where are you based?

edhuge

I majored in Hotel, Restaurant, and Tourism Management from Western Kentucky University in 1999.  It's basically equivalent to all your engineering and physics degrees.  WKU is the Harvard of the south.

For work, I cover a territory for the company that provides cell phone insurance.  I get to travel to all sorts of exciting places like North Dakota, Iowa and even Nebraska!

milkolate

I'm currently working for a Philippine senator who'll run for president of the country next year..

w00t w00t!
Don't think. Drink.
TDS Friend Code - 083048-793361

Webby

Quote from: gezmodean
Very cool.  I have some friends in Biotechnology in the Boston area who work on MRI and CT Scan software out here.  Where are you based?

In the Netherlands

KevinDDR

I'm a useless Junior in high school.

SpawN

Quote from: milkolate
I'm currently working for a Philippine senator who'll run for president of the country next year..

w00t w00t!

Hey, we got a big fish here
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Albert Einstein

Profane

I work at Chili's!!!!!  I also play poker 'semi' pro.  On top of that im a student at VCC and am transferring to UCF early next year after knocking out my AA in good ole community college.  I seem to be the biggest underachiever the board currently has.  lol.

m__

outta school.  i also work in the software industry.  we put data on tape.

AjP

graduated from UCLA in '07...work for a global financial service firm now in LA

I wish i were a rockstar like DraKkiE tho

Trance

Quote from: DraKKiE
rockstar here

You win.  

21 years old. Male.

I build airplanes full time at Boeing in Seattle, Washington. They pay for my college tuition 100% so I go on and off full time and part time with college (depending on what I feel I can handle). I'm going for a philosophy major, but I'm still unsure.

Right now I'm taking the summer off so I'm just working, playing a lot of pool, tetris here and there, and I'm a huge car geek so that kills a lot of my time (6 hour detail yesterday on my car!).