What is your current occupation?

Started by SpawN, July 15, 2009, 02:54:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpawN

I`m curious what is the occupation of an average tetris fan. So what do you do for a living outside " the tetris life" guys and maybe what are your plans for the future?

I`m a  student in the United States. I`m double major in economics and BA(still undecided). This year I'll be a sophomore.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Albert Einstein

Rosti_LFC

Student at Cambridge University (UK), just finished my first year of a four-year Engineering degree.

Spending this summer working for a company who design, build and decommission nuclear power facilities, so if anyone wants any uranium I'm your guy

DoublePixel

Student at Texas A&M. Computer Engineering major, Mathematics minor going into my sophomore year.

Magnanimous

Student at University of Maryland, studying math/physics until I run out of money.

... And by that, I mean I'm too lazy to get a job.
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

river140

I guess we are mostly students then, huh?

I'm a visual arts education major at a state university in New York. I tried getting a job for the summer but no one would hire me. Not even dunkin' donuts or burger king. Or the sex shop down the street. Oh well, more time for brainless internet action.

EnFuego

Yeah I am a physics student at a school in new york. I would say the average age of tetris players is around 20-22. There is definitely a bunch of older people who play too. Also, you should take into account that many younger people are not going to be an internet tetris community. The demographic of the game tetris DS probably is very spread out. Lastly, take into account that college students have the most free time to spend playing tetris.

nismo

Go team unemployed   I'm also in college, enjoying summer vacation atm though.

SpawN

Quote from: nismo
Go team unemployed   I'm also in college, enjoying summer vacation atm though.

Hey, I do work while I`m in college. Right now nothing though.Well at least my family will have more time with me, before I leave for the states again.

EnFuego cool man physics.This is like a hobby for me.I like reading random physics wikipedia articles. Strangely, though, I hated physics while I was in school.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Albert Einstein

EnFuego

Another point worth mentioning is that it seems like there are more females who play compared to other video games

Quote from: SpawN
EnFuego cool man physics.This is like a hobby for me.I like reading random physics wikipedia articles. Strangely, though, I hated physics while I was in school.

Surprisingly, a lot of people have mentioned an interest in physics on this forum

Magnanimous

Quote from: EnFuego
Surprisingly, a lot of people have mentioned an interest in physics on this forum
Physics majors seem to make sense, since both Tetris and most topics in physics use a decent amount of spatial reasoning... And engineers spend tons of time on computers, so it's easy to open a game.
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

gezmodean

I hate to break the cycle... I am a development director at a video game company in the boston area.  (tetris fills my 15 minute breaks... and usually extends them to 1.5 hours)

DanZ

Currently a student (summer classes lol) at Drexel University, majoring in Computer Science (hopefully a dual major in Math). In September I'll be working as a co-op programmer for the software development team of a local company.

Blink

I'm a bio major @ UCR, trying to get into pharmacy school.  Not taking any classes this Summer though so I'm killing time playing Tetris and poker.

illshill

i run a liquor store

hurry up and buy!

DraKKiE

Xbox Live: dj stanz
AOL Instant Messenger: djstanny