Cell Phone Tetris

Started by mIIr, July 07, 2009, 12:51:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emomissionkid

Quote from: caffeine
Are you talking about EA's iphone Tetris? If not, then there must be a new update since EA's mobile Tetris has always let you play indefinitely.

The EA tetris I play on iPhone has marathon that goes to 150 lines only too. btw i got 720,000.

caffeine

That's right. iPhone Tetris ends after 150 lines. Tetris on other phones don't traditionally. Nice score by the way.

Locolama

Theyre different versions... for different types of phones. There is the EA Tetris for the smart phones and for the regular phones... All are sligghtly different in both rules (line limit) and scoring...some give more points than others for the same thing
-- Tetris Addict and proud... Looking for a Team --

emomissionkid

Quote from: Locolama
Theyre different versions... for different types of phones. There is the EA Tetris for the smart phones and for the regular phones... All are sligghtly different in both rules (line limit) and scoring...some give more points than others for the same thing
Lol mine is the same as yours. There is only one Tetris app by EA in the appstore. I played 150 line marathon on level 15. Did back to back tetrises for all but one triple and threw in 10 or so t spins. Perfect tetrises of 152 lines is 660k or something last time i checked, so yeah.

caffeine

This is making my head spin. Yes, there's a totally different Tetris game for palm, but are you saying there's a non-iPhone EA Tetris that stops at 150 lines in marathon? What phone? Can you post a link to it?

Locolama

Quote from: emomissionkid
Lol mine is the same as yours. There is only one Tetris app by EA in the appstore. I played 150 line marathon on level 15. Did back to back tetrises for all but one triple and threw in 10 or so t spins. Perfect tetrises of 152 lines is 660k or something last time i checked, so yeah.

Thats like comparing a Wii game to a PS3 game... they may have the same premise, the same title, but often have differences in details and scoring

Locolama

New Highscore....

EA Mobile Tetris
Marathon (150 starting level)

...Anybody looking for team recruits?

Blink

New Highscore....

EA Mobile Tetris
Marathon (150 starting level)

...Anybody looking for team recruits?

I don't think this thread is being updated anymore (or updated/maintainted at all for that matter), please submit your record at http://www.harddrop.com/records

iphys

I don't believe we have cell phone Tetris in the records, just iPod Tetris, and from the sound of this thread there are at least a couple different versions of cell phone Tetris, so it would be hard to compare scores even if we did.

Blink

oh very true, now I remember why I didn't add it there - I had no clue which ones to add.   Ok, ignore what I said earlier.

caffeine

iPod Tetris should be iPhone/iPod Tetris.

Blink

Quote from: caffeine
iPod Tetris should be iPhone/iPod Tetris.

edited the leaderboard entry for this, and also added the new PSP tetris that came out last week.

Locolama

Quote from: Blink
edited the leaderboard entry for this, and also added the new PSP tetris that came out last week.

As the "Tetris by EA" game description states:
"Tetris is one of the most popular games on mobile phones..."

I'm sure there are a lot of us out there who play this version of Tetris and would like a place to post and compare our high scores. I looked at the picture proofs of many types of Tetris on the leaderboards, and none seemed to mmath this EA mobile version (the iPhone iPod is not the same)

Blink

ok i've added EA Mobile Tetris (Marathon, 40 Lines, and Ultra) mode to the leaderboard.  Please send me some screenshots of the game so that I can add those images to the wiki - thanks!

Locolama

Quote from: Blink
ok i've added EA Mobile Tetris (Marathon, 40 Lines, and Ultra) mode to the leaderboard.  Please send me some screenshots of the game so that I can add those images to the wiki - thanks!

Alright.. sounds great... I'll get some screenshots of each mode online in the next few days