"Next Piece" Player Spotlight Nominations

Started by Blink, July 06, 2009, 02:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Someone2knoe

Hey cool POW

Nice job breaking 1 minute! After the 1 minute break, your time will just keep getting better trust me!

I_AM_SAND

made a bunch of dupes and made some people think i was chubz.

heretic

Quote from: I_AM_SAND
made a bunch of dupes and made some people think i was chubz.

best

Stan

Transferring from TF to BlockBox; I started out getting 1:10's; then caught up with my 50:44
TetrisFriends Profile // Facebook
AIM: qgstkpnjtp // OS: Mac OS X 10.5.6

meow

broke old block driller record twice this week
14.96s -> 14.40s -> 13.82s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT5TsMCfj2k

Blink

This week's POTM: ItsWhatever - well deserved.  He made huge improvements last week but was edged out by S2K, you deserve it.  

Very nice record meow - you got me worried about my record now.  GJ & keep it up Stan & Sand.

Also i'm changing this to POT Month, so itswhatever will be up until the end of october.

ItsWhatever

WHOA!! Where did this come from??? I wasn't expecting this at all...

I actually bettered my Sprint (1:11> 10:04) and Ultra score (20???<22???<24800) this week on TF but didn't post it here..

Thanks Blinky! Appreciate it

BigFriendlyNinja

i finally cleard 40 lines in under two minutes lol. and i can beat marathon without failing now lol
"It's like...It's like when you've got a really good loaf in the oven, and it's not quite done yet...but you're REALLY excited for it." -Buckethead

BigAl95

58s on 40L TOJ, without double rotation.

Learned how to T-Spin Triple.

nismo

Today was a gooood day for nismo   I broke my 40L record, broke my survival record on BB, finally passed 2:30, and killed my blockdriller time by 8 seconds, now @ 23.

SpawN

Honestly, I don't think it's a good idea to make someone player of the month. I think the time is too long and that way the whole point of player of ...something is lost. I really don't understand what's wrong with player of the week. However, maybe both titles can be kept. For example you choose a player for each week of the month and at the end of the month you choose a player of the month from those 4 that were already chosen as players of the week. So at the beginning of october, player of the month(september) can be revealed while still chosing players of the week for the next month. I`m sorry if Ididn't explain it quite well, but I think you got the idea.
"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."

Albert Einstein

Someone2knoe

I don't see anything wrong with it.

It's definitely easier than blink having to keep track of it all the time.

Blink

I changed it to player of the month for a few reasons.  

1) to make the title harder to obtain, and having that player get to enjoy being on the front page for a longer time.

2) School started up for me last week, I'm busier now and this cuts the time I need to spend on this each week - that way I can put more of my spare time into other parts of the site that need attention (leaderboard, wiki, shoutbox, etc.).

itsameSMB

Well, it's not that great of an achievement (a testiment to patience, if anything), but I was finally able to clear 10,000,000 points on TDS's endless mode. It's not much, but I'm proud of it.

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7472/damntetris.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/7472/damntetris.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Damn S tetriminos...

GoldPlatedDish

Beh, Endless mode can be maxed out to 99,999,999, ergo no leaderboard here

I beat my 40L score! 1:07! But that was on Sprint 5P