"Next Piece" Player Spotlight Nominations

Started by Blink, July 06, 2009, 02:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Profane

You can always look at the 40 times on peoples profiles. By the way i got mine under a minute now.  holla.  57 seconds.

jujube

Magnanimous

I'm finally under a minute in 40L... Whoo.

Also, I just picked up a copy of Tetris DS from eBay, so I'll be playing online every once in a while. (I guess that's worth mentioning.)
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

jujube

good job Magna!

how much did you pay for TDS on ebay?

Magnanimous

Just under twenty bucks total, they're pretty cheap.
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksi...-All-Categories

I'll check back in when I max out Marathon's score... I'm already at ten million.

jujube

i hope you know the trick to get to exactly 99,999,999, or it won't save that way on your DS. you'll end up with some random high number of points.

btw the trick is to stop clearing lines when you get close to maxing out, then soft drop and constantly rotate a piece (the I piece works well) to slowly earn drop points until you've maxed out, and then top yourself out and the score should save correctly.

it would be a good idea to practice that trick now before it actually counts at the end of the game, so you'll know what to do.

Magnanimous

Yeah, I read about that on Wikipedia. It's actually what inspired me to try maxing out score in the first place. And at this rate, I'll be done sometime next week: my friend and I are playing in shifts and we're hoping to get twenty million points/day.

clincher

I just broke the 50s barrier could have been better but I'm happy time was  49.76
It's all about the love

Blink

Quote from: clincher
I just broke the 50s barrier could have been better but I'm happy time was  49.76

congrats clincher, that's a great milestone.

computerguy99

I improved my TPM to 86.8 from 70.5
I improved my LPM to 19.8 from 14.2
I improved my APM to 13.2 from 10.1
Computerguy99
コンピュータおたく99

Blink

good improvements computerguy, you definitely put in the time because i see you on blockbox often, and it looks like it's paid off.  keep it up!

This week's player of the week: Cortexz for learning how to use both rotates, and cutting 32 seconds off his 40 lines record.

Profane

Congratz Cortexz.  We are now Player of the week brethren.

And Big ups to Computerguy, i've personally noticed your improvement, keep it up.

nismo

Broke my 40L and Survivor record times today; 52:08 down from 54 & 2:21:15 up from 2:19  This time last week I don't think I had broken a minute in 40L and I know I was well below 2 min in Survivor.

KevinDDR

I just improved my Sudden Ti record in Texmaster from something like 850ish to 1118 live on the HardDrop stream tonight. Do I get a prize?

Pineapple

I'm not usually one to want the spotlight... but I'd like to nominate myself for player of the week, after smashing my goal to get 300k in GameBoy Tetris. See the thread for more details.
It is only when you open your mind, that you will be able to see how beautiful the world is...