[TOJ] Tetris Online Japan New Player Guide

Started by Blink, July 02, 2009, 02:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wojtek

They changed server adress back to old one. Now 2008 version works again, and new one do not work.

http://files.myopera.com/dodd/2008/TetrisOnlineLauncher.zip

I was not expecting they will keep changing game server address. In next version I will extract this address from scripts on home page, so launcher won't break because of this change.
Recommended games:
NullpoMino
Tetris Online Poland

Magnanimous

Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

Blink

thank you wojtek =).  updated the link for your launcher on the guide to be the older version.

oxxquake3oxxo

i really appreciate you guys for doing this. i have some questions though

are DAS and lock delay any useful?
is there a way to speclate?
when you open the shop, what does the items in the top right conner do?(purple one)?
and is there a way to abuse the invitation system for free premium membership?

clincher

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]are DAS and lock delay any useful?[/quote]
DAS is on of the most useful upgrades
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]s there a way to speclate?[/quote]
Nope
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]and is there a way to abuse the invitation system for free premium membership?[/quote]
Yeah! Just keep inviting =p
It's all about the love

briannn

do any of the japanese players actually use das 5?

clincher

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]do any of the japanese players actually use das 5?[/quote]
Blink correct me if I'm wrong but I think most of them do
It's all about the love

Blink

Quote from: clincher
Blink correct me if I'm wrong but I think most of them do

I don't think the majority of them use DAS 5, but I do know alot of people do use it and like it.  Trance, hebo-MAI, covaya, caffeine, and pretty much everyone near the top of the Time Attack mode leaderboard.  It's pretty slippery but I guess after using it for awhile you get used to it and can control it without misdropping.

oxxquake3oxxo

anyone know what lock delay does? and does it need upgrading?

briannn

lcck delay: when you soft drop or when the piece falls to the ground, its the time you get to move the piece before it locks into place... its not very useful at first especially if you're new to tspins. you should probably get it after das, line clear delay, and soft drop speed. i've grown quite fond of it though.

here's an interesting bug. when you play some games of driller tetris (i think it's called hori hori) and reopen TOJ, your apm and lpm get reset. it's a neat trick if you like to have nice looking stats

Magnanimous

It is pretty useful if you're right about to top out... Every millisecond counts. There are definitely better ways to spend your TP, though.

Also, is there any way to double rotate in TOJ?
Best 40 Lines: 37:74 (162.18 TPM) on NullpoMino

oxxquake3oxxo

how many games of driller do you have to play for it to work? and also when you said reopen TOJ, do you mean forcefully close it or what?

briannn

play one or two games, and just exit and launch again... you'll njeed to have premium in order to play hori tetris though

Paul676

I'm unable to download it- it says when you click "game start" if I want to download the "patchclient" and I say yes, then it starts downloading, but then on "1/73 Tetris 0002.JLS" it says

"Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Windows\system32\TetrisOnline\PatchClient.exe

This application has asked runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

Please contact the application's support team for more information"

and so I can't play toj. Any help I would be grateful for
               Tetris Belts!

jujube

just out of curiosity Paul, why is TetrisOnline in your system32 folder? the default is C:\TetrisOnline.

i could zip my entire folder and sendspace it for you. then at least you'd have all the necessary files, and maybe the game will launch.