[Gameboy Tetris]

Started by jujube, June 30, 2009, 10:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afregistry

Hey everybody!

I recently found out about this thread and the leader board on it and thought I'd give it a try because I used to play a decent amount of Game Boy Tetris.

While not nearly as impressive as some of the other scores here I thought it would still be a good way to say hello.

My goal is to get over 600k.

Okey_Dokey

Welcome! (I added your score to first post)

600k is a good goal. To reach that score, you need some good stacking to have over 500k points after 200 lines and then you need to survive some time in level 20. So it requires a good mix of stacking and survival/speed (unless you are so good at survival that you can clear 100+ lines on level 20).

afregistry

Thanks for adding me and thanks for the tips! Your videos were actually the ones that got me back into it.

I definitely need to work some more on survival because I think I often lose due to avoiding burning lines and just doing them poorly.

Brent

Finally beat my previous PB after 7 or 8 years. I never really survive much past level 16. Probably should work on not going for so much and burning a bit more instead of the all or nothing tetris or die trying approach.

[attachmentid=1189]

DocCox

Tetri

Hey! I had this score for a little while but have yet to share it. I scored 595731 on a level 9 start.  

Okey_Dokey

Quote from: TetriHey! I had this score for a little while but have yet to share it. I scored 595731 on a level 9 start.  
All of us start at level 9, don't we? I saw that screenshot already in the Discord. One spot before DocCox.

Tetri

Quote from: Okey_Dokey
Quote from: TetriHey! I had this score for a little while but have yet to share it. I scored 595731 on a level 9 start.  
All of us start at level 9, don't we? I saw that screenshot already in the Discord. One spot before DocCox.

Well I saw a few high scores of people starting from level 0, or oddly enough from like level 6/7. I mainly said level 9 just to confirm it wasn't heart mode, as I'm not sure if there's any way to confirm if it is or isn't in heart mode on this screen

afregistry

Having trouble uploading my image proof.

jobz527

My game boy record, I honestly could've kept going but stopped when I reached 1,000 lines.  I've started live streaming on twitch, I would appreciate some support as I'm very new to it.  My name on twitch is "jskillz27".  Follow me on there as I have a 50 percent win percentage on tetris99![attachmentid=1213]

Okey_Dokey

Quote from: afregistryHaving trouble uploading my image proof.
Hm, I see that you have edited your post. I would upload the image to imgur.

Quote from: jobz527My game boy record, I honestly could've kept going but stopped when I reached 1,000 lines.
Added. Looks like you achieved the 999,999 points many years ago.

jobz527

Quote from: Okey_Dokey
Quote from: afregistryHaving trouble uploading my image proof.
Hm, I see that you have edited your post. I would upload the image to imgur.

Quote from: jobz527My game boy record, I honestly could've kept going but stopped when I reached 1,000 lines.
Added. Looks like you achieved the 999,999 points many years ago.

What do you mean edited? THe only picture I could find is the one I posted to Instagram years ago

jobz527

Here it is, I've never seen the lines record beat and of course the point record as it is maxed out lol. Follow me on twitch at "jskillz27"

[attachmentid=1214]

Okey_Dokey

No, I meant afregistry has edited his/her post (user above you). Originally, it said something along the lines "I've made progress, will post picture soon".

I've also got a 1000 lines video on Youtube (heart mode). I think I've seen your picture 1 or 2 years ago on Twitter. Don't remember the occasion. If it wasn't you, then it was somebody else with about 1000 lines.

ramonius_b

Recently found out about the forum. Decided to post my (not so exciting or impressive) score

and looking at your guys photos wanted to ask - I've never been able to save any of my high scores, since as  I power off gameboy it wipes all the info. Does it happen to everybody? Or would that be the case of a dead battery in the chip (like pokemon) or something like that, so that it can't keep any of the info saved anymore?