Please don't be like Tetrisconcept

Started by hova, June 29, 2009, 03:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hova

It sucked so hard, i hated how they respected The Tetris Company (which tries to kill my favorite videogame of all time) and Arika Inc. (which tries to keep foreigners from playing their games).
Don't buy into their shameful business practices of C&D letters, intimidation and (to some degree) racism.

clincher

I'm not sure I understand...
Do you want us to hate those companies?
It's all about the love

Blink

welcome to the forums hova, but sorry to inform you that we accept all tetris fans, whether they love to play official tetris company games or not.  hopefully you'll enjoy it here anyways, =).

meow

tetrisconcept has nothing to do with this

as far as i know, EVERYONE hates that shitty company

TetrisdAiSuki

Quote from: hova
It sucked so hard, i hated how they respected The Tetris Company
lol

Did I miss something? TC had and still has the biggest haters of TTC EVER! ^^ Still I agree with your other points. But like Blink said we should all enjoy playing and talking about Tetris.

I have seen you posting on the old TC forum and on gbatemp in the past. Are you still playing TGM on DS?
LJ 40 lines 00:44.63 135.77TPM - 100 lines 02:01.95 - 180s 41.700
TGM GM 10:42:66 - 20G GM 10:28:00 - BM S9 - REV S4
TAP Normal 480736 - Master [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?

hova

Quote from: TetrisdAiSuki
Are you still playing TGM on DS?
everday, i can make it to 1020 now everytime i want. I wish Arika would release TGM on PSN, that would be awesome.

jujube

people at TC had differing opinions on lots of things, and i'm sure it'll be the same way here. honestly i think you're having selective memory.

to respond to your points, i have to ask a couple questions.

1. what was your favorite game?
2. where did you hear Arika doesn't want foreigners playing their games? keep in mind they're only licensed to publish games in the Japanese market, and they've never taken action against anyone playing TGM on an arcade machine outside of Japan.

hova

Quote from: jujube
1. what was your favorite game?
Tetris
[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]2. where did you hear Arika doesn't want foreigners playing their games? keep in mind they're only licensed to publish games in the Japanese market, and they've never taken action against anyone playing TGM on an arcade machine outside of Japan.[/quote]
Yes, because people buy the machine. And Arika could easily get a license for western releases, if not they could choose a publisher in the west to do it for them (like Atlus and XSEED do it all the time).

clincher

Tetris

I think he meant what Tetris game not what game in general  
It's all about the love

hova

Quote from: clincher
i like tetris overall, what i meant was i don't like how TTC tries to force their stupid guidlines onto tetris. I think they are hurting Tetris more than helping it to become a real E-Sport

jujube

Quote from: clincher
well i wasn't even sure because he was being really vague

i like tetris overall, what i meant was i don't like how TTC tries to force their stupid guidlines onto tetris. I think they are hurting Tetris more than helping it to become a real E-Sport
which parts of the guideline don't you like?

TetrisdAiSuki

If you really play TGM on DS daily and played over 100 hours I see no reason why you would't join TC.
LJ 40 lines 00:44.63 135.77TPM - 100 lines 02:01.95 - 180s 41.700
TGM GM 10:42:66 - 20G GM 10:28:00 - BM S9 - REV S4
TAP Normal 480736 - Master [url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?

hova

Quote from: jujube
well i wasn't even sure because he was being really vague
which parts of the guideline don't you like?
hmmm.... the 2 things i hate the most are infinite-spin and that a T-Spin gives you more points than a Tetris. How about they call the game just T-Spin then? T-Spin DS sounds nice.

Quote from: TetrisdAiSuki
If you really play TGM on DS daily and played over 100 hours I see no reason why you would't join TC.
well, i did join TC (when it was running) but i didn't like the people there. It seemed to me that they wheren't so sure of their own rules. "This is forbidden but that is allowed" is bullshit.
For example it's not allowed to post a link to NDS_TGM or any homebrew TGM clone because Arika doesn't like them. But why then, are links to youtube videos allowed that Arika tries to pull because copyright infraction?
Also they just seemed like major asskissers of Arika and TTC anyway.
People should not respect these companys unless they change their business practices.

Rosti_LFC

It sucked so hard, i hated how they respected The Tetris Company (which tries to kill my favorite videogame of all time) and Arika Inc. (which tries to keep foreigners from playing their games).
Don't buy into their shameful business practices of C&D letters, intimidation and (to some degree) racism.

Sorry, but you're talking crap there. TTC was respected? By whom? There were entire threads devoted to what they should do to change their games, and how shitty they were.
We liked Arika because their games are awesome. And it's not their fault that foreigners can't play their games - it goes back to TTC again who only let them have the licence in Japan. It'd be stupid to hate Arika because someone else wouldn't let them release their awesome games elsewhere. Arika could not easily got the licence for non-Japanese releases, because Blue Planet Software has it, and they're not going to give it up for anything less than a small fortune.

TetrisConcept seemed to be where most of the emulation scene happened, and where most of the clones came up. Some clones, such as KGM, were made by TC people, and others like Texmaster had TetrisConcept additions. All the Blockbox marathon modes were created based on TGM games and using the help of TC members. It was a TC member who bought TAP to have it emulated.

There was a thread titled "Fuck Arika". There were plenty of links to clones, except for TGM_NDS because we were explicitly asked not to by the game's creator. The only way originally to get Texmaster, greatest TGM clone ever, was via TC.

Seriously, you trying to troll people at all, or did you just never actually read any of the threads on TetrisConcept? Start backing up your arguments with proper evidence or I'll ban you for being a troll.

clincher

hmmm.... the 2 things i hate the most are infinite-spin and that a T-Spin gives you more points than a Tetris. How about they call the game just T-Spin then? T-Spin DS sounds nice.
well, i did join TC (when it was running) but i didn't like the people there. It seemed to me that they wheren't so sure of their own rules. "This is forbidden but that is allowed" is bullshit.
For example it's not allowed to post a link to NDS_TGM or any homebrew TGM clone because Arika doesn't like them. But why then, are links to youtube videos allowed that Arika tries to pull because copyright infraction?
Also they just seemed like major asskissers of Arika and TTC anyway.
People should not respect these companys unless they change their business practices.
this is totally false!
It's all about the love