Rosti LFC

Started by Rosti_LFC, June 27, 2009, 05:40:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosti_LFC

I wasn't actually going to do one of these, but enough people have turned up here who I don't recognise whatsoever, and I'm a moderator so I figure I should probably introduce myself.

I played Tetris on the Game Boy back when I was ikkle, and was pretty good at it, if only for a six year old. Then I sort of dropped out of playing the game for a decade or so, until Tetris DS came out. Bought it on release, and thought it was awesome. At the time, there was no wifi in my house, so I used to crouch on the windowsill at the front of my house, pressed up against the window, because doing that I could just about get in range of the unsecured wifi of the house across the street and play people online.

Luckily a couple of months later my house got wifi, and I started playing people online pretty obsessively. I noticed that occasionally the game would flash "t-spin" at the side of the field, and I couldn't figure out what it meant, so I looked it up online and came across TetrisConcept. Developed pretty quickly on TC and the Blockstats.org IRC channel, and make something of a name for myself in 4-player worldwide. Managed to get into the top 100 players worldwide, then the leaderboards broke and I stopped giving a crap about the game.

Digital () introduced me to TGM, which became my obsession for the next two and a half years (and counting). Currently standing as the #2 TGM player in the UK, and probably top eight outside of Japan.

Helped with the development of BlockBox, and currently host the TetrisConcept Blockbox League.

About me, I'm 19, I live in England, when not playing Tetris, I'm an avid follower of Liverpool Football Club (hence the LFC), I enjoy music, anime, and I'm currently studying Engineering at the University of Cambridge.

Corrosive

"私は高速ブロックとセクシーな女性が好き"
"Put some stank on those blocks."

Digital

Oh my, a lot of time has passed, huh? It's amazing how much our history is alike. Mind if I copy and paste yours?  

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: Digital
Oh my, a lot of time has passed, huh? It's amazing how much our history is alike. Mind if I copy and paste yours?  

It definitely doesn't feel like it's been three years.

jujube

Rosti's TDS skillz. know where i found this pic?

Rosti_LFC

I'm guessing Blockstats

That's ridiculously outdated though. I've got nearly 35,000 tetris points now.

Also Mararthon score of 2,136,000 and Line Clear of 463,200.

jujube

yeah it's 3 years old  

and i did find it at blockstats.

iphys

Wow, that picture is so old it's on an original DS -- never even seen one of those things.  Is it true you have to score exactly 99,999,999 in Endless to get it to show up in the records, otherwise it doesn't save if you break the counter?

Rosti_LFC

Quote from: iphys
Wow, that picture is so old it's on an original DS -- never even seen one of those things.  Is it true you have to score exactly 99,999,999 in Endless to get it to show up in the records, otherwise it doesn't save if you break the counter?

Is indeed true. Player called Phydeaux did it once going past, got the screenshot, and then did it again so it would show up in records.

I wouldn't recommend it. It takes bloody ages and isn't really an achievement. I only did it because I was on holiday in Portugal with naff-all else to do.

Also the age of the picture doesn't matter. I could take a new picture today and it'd still be the same DS.

iphys

The orginal DS is supposed to have a better D-pad, so maybe you're lucky.  My D-pad is complete mush to the left so you can't even feel if you've tapped it at all.

I probably won't go for the Endless non-achievement unless I'm really bored some day.  The sad thing is, it probably would be an achievement for most people.

Rosti_LFC

I don't think it'd be that much of an achievement for a lot of people. If you can get to around level 30, you can max it out, seeing as it stops getting harder at 20.

I prefer the original DS D-Pad to the Lite. It's more clicky, which I prefer because I feel I have more control over tapping.

mattris

Have you tried the DSi ?  I just upgraded last week.  It's D-pad (and other buttons) are lower, tighter, and more clicky than the Lite's.  It'll take a little time to get fully used to, but I'm already starting to prefer it.