TKI Opening Fumens

Started by dragontamer, October 21, 2017, 10:08:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragontamer

A lot of this information is built from this topic: http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4741

In this topic, I hope to focus on TKI, simplify the advice and provide patterns to build TKI faster and more consistently.

------------

The "big idea" of TKI is to start off a match with 3-TSpin Doubles as consistently as possible. For example, this mainline demonstrates the flexibility of the TKI Opening:

[fumen]v115@zgglIeglIehlAeAtAeR4Beg0RpBtR4Ceg0RpAtzhAe?h0JeAgWWAURVSASYNuEw488Awp78AwKY5DkoBAAvhAlsBzg?Q4IeR4IeQ4CeAtHeBtHeAtOeAAPtAUNC+AFb82Dzoo2Ay4z?CEsW98Aw3baE54CwBFbs2BPmceEB22TASIb0A6AAAA5gwhg?0Hewhi0FewhglRpFewhglRpGehlKeAAA5gQagHglwhFewhB?PQLFeglwhQpgWFeglwhQpgWGeBtKeAAAogwhIewhHegWGeB?tgWGeQpQawSglFeQpQawSglGeBPKeAAAogQaIeQaFewhg0A?eQaFeQLAeg0wwFeQLIeQLWeFqBvhAAAP0AUNaBBFb82Dzoo?2AoCaoDl92TAyE88AQzgeEFbkzDhN98AwsrGEloo2AwieeE?Fc5aE1gQ4IeR4HeglQ4HeglIehlPeAAPLAMoo2AQieeEFcx?CA1gwDCeAtEexDAeBtFewDAeAtheAAPAA2gAtBeAPFeBtBP?EegWAeAtAPFegWRpGegWwhQpOeAAPLAPoo2AQieeEFcxCA2?gAPIeBPRexhHewhwSOeAAPdACA3TAS46SASYEdDUPNXEuoo?2ApN98AQzkaEUBAAApgglDeRpBewhglDeRpQ4AewhhlCeh0?R4whEeg0BeQ4whEeg0XeNlfvhBFlBAAPrAFbEEBU988AQD7?xDFbEwCzI2JEFbEwCyuVDEloo2AP5dNESPRKEJPKDA0gh0H?eg0Ieg0AehlIeglIeglOeAAA[/fumen]

Be sure to practice the "mirrored" version of this as well, for opening bags like "TIJSZ", which force the mirror image.

An "Evil 2nd Bag" to the above sequence is TLIJO.

EDIT: thickBUT had an issue with the original fumen. I think this newer Fumen addresses his concerns.

[fumen]v115@zgglIeglIehlAeAtAeR4Beg0RpBtR4Ceg0RpAtzhAe?h0JeAgWWAURVSASYNuEw488Awp78AwKY5DkoBAAvhFlsBAA?PKAlRGDEFbUzBhrBAAqsQaAFLDmClcJSAVDEHBEooRBUoAV?BMeHgCaNBAAJiB+oBTHtoAFLDmClcJSAVztSAVG88A4W88A?ZHsSATD88AwUReDQ0baEroGbE[/fumen]

This is solved with the following routine (still somewhat unoptimized: Conceptual only):

[fumen]v115@zgglIeglIehlAeAtAeR4Beg0RpBtR4Ceg0RpAtzhAe?h0JeAgWWAURVSASYNuEw488Awp78AwKY5DkoBAAvhRlsBAA?PKAlRGDEFbUzBhrBAAirQaAFLDmClcJSAVDEHBEooRBUoAV?BMeHgCaNBAA5nBWmBTcBMtBFqB/pBZVQaAFLDmClcJSAVDE?HBEooRBJoAVBKnjWCzOBAAOsB7bBctBqcBfjBdlfFlBAAA[/fumen]

I don't think this fumen is optimal yet. But the concept is sound: if you recognize the killer sequence "TLIJO", you need to do "something else". I THINK the above two routines cover all possible 2nd Bags. If a stronger player would double-check my work, that'd be appreciated :-)

-------------

If you get early JL in Bag1, you'll have to do TKI Type2, described by Caffine as "Flat Top".

[fumen]v115@BhilFeAtglR4Beg0RpBtR4Ceg0RpAtzhAeh0JeAgWW?AURVSASYNuEw488AQr78AwKY5DkoBAAvhCtsuAAlsBAAPUA?S1STAS4kcDnoo2AQieeEFc5aEChR4GeR4CeAtHeBtHeAtKe?AAPPAUGurDFbUEDFbs2BPMdCApgwhIewhIewhRpGewhRpgl?Feg0ilFei0QeAAApgQaIeQaBewhFewwRpwhFeglAeQpQaFe?wSwhAeQaFeCPQeAAA9gCPGeQaAewSGeQpAewhGeCtQeAAAp?gwhIewhBeQaFeQahWwwg0EeSawwFewSAeQawwFexSAPQeAA?AvhCtnuAAlnBAAPHACSZTASIrAAygAtHeBtHeAtg0Ieg0He?h0TeAAAygAPHeBPEeR4AeAPEeR4heAAA[/fumen]

Here's Type2 2nd Bag L Pattern:

[fumen]v115@BhilFeAtglR4Beg0RpBtR4Ceg0RpAtzhAeh0JeAgWW?AURVSASYNuEw488AQr78AwKY5DkoBAAvhBtsuAAlsBzgQ4I?eR4CeRpwhBeglQ4CeRpwhAeAtglFewhBthlEewhAtKeAAPX?AS1STAS4kcDnoo2AMoo2AQieeEFcxCA[/fumen]

There are some other openings that Caffine covers in his topic. But these are the ones I'm personally familiar with at the moment. Questions / comments? And if any stronger player is out there: any optimizations you can think of?

thickBUT

What's wrong with the evil bag? If you use the T for the second TSD before placing the O, there's lots of options.

Anyway, this is also another way to start off a TSD chain with your first bag. I don't think it's in that guide but I didn't look through it closely.
[fumen]v115@vhG2OJhwBkmB/kBDtBCoBAAA[/fumen]

dragontamer

Quote from: thickBUT
What's wrong with the evil bag? If you use the T for the second TSD before placing the O, there's lots of options.

Hmm, I guess I'm bad at writing.

Technically speaking, I wrote that the "Evil Bag" was "TLIJO", but I demonstrated a Fumen of "TSZLIJO". In "TSZLIJO", you can TSpin Double, place the O, and then prepare for a 3rd TSD on the 3rd bag. You are absolutely correct that its a possibility.

But "TLIJOZS" is a better example of an evil-bag for the initial pattern.

----------------

You know what? I'll edit the post. I guess TLIJOZS is a better example of what I'm going for.

[fumen]m115@zgglIeglIehlAeAtAeR4Beg0RpBtR4Ceg0RpAtzhAe?h0JeAgWWAURVSASYNuEw488Awp78AwKY5DkoBAAvhFlsBAA?PKAlRGDEFbUzBhrBAAqsQaAFLDmClcJSAVDEHBEooRBUoAV?BMeHgCaNBAAJiB+oBTHtoAFLDmClcJSAVztSAVG88A4W88A?ZHsSATD88AwUReDQ0baEroGbE[/fumen]

-----------

[!--quoteo--][div class=\\\'quotetop\\\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\\\'quotemain\\\'][!--quotec--]Anyway, this is also another way to start off a TSD chain with your first bag. I don't think it's in that guide but I didn't look through it closely.[/quote]

I appreciate the new opening you just posted, and it instinctively looks like a very solid way to start the match. It would be able to start off with "TJS*" (variation you just showed) or "TLZ*" (if mirrored), which TKI can't do.

And normally, "TJS* / TLZ*" starts would be "Pelican" under Caffine's topic (maybe Petrel?). I think your opening is a bit 'flatter' and might be superior to Pelican, but I'd have to play around with it to know for sure.

Yeah, I don't think I've seen that one before. Thanks! Ultimately though, it needs to be fleshed out to 3x TSDs within the first 3-bags, because 4w starts are very strong. So anything that doesn't start with 3x TSDs is probably going to lose to a strong 4w player.

I'll play around with that formation. Its "flat" enough that I'm almost certain that a 3x TSD is possible and consistent.

Danieru

That's the opening I usually use, ThickBUT.
Just an Irish tetris player.

dragontamer

Quote from: thickBUT[fumen]v115@vhG2OJhwBkmB/kBDtBCoBAAA[/fumen]

It looks pretty solid on a basic analysis... here are my thoughts on it.

[fumen]v115@vhH2OJhwBkmB/kBDtBCoBlqBAAPUAS1STAS4kcDnoo?2ABG0CE5NuaEOhBtDeR4CeBtBeR4PeAAALgwhIewhIewhg0?Hewhg0Heh0HeilGeglRpHeRpaeAAALgQaIeQaIeQagHReQL?Aeh0FeQaAewhQpFeRaAeQpGeRaaeAAApgQagHglwhFewhBP?QLFeglwhQpgWFeglwhQpgWGeBtaeAAAvhBFsBAAPUAT7STA?S4kcDnoo2AhF0CE5NuaErgBtCewhCeR4BtBewhBeR4EewhR?pEehlwhRpFegli0FeglBeg0JeAAArgBPCeQaCexDBPBeQaA?tAexDEeQpwhwSDeglhWQpAtwSDeglAegWgHxhDehlgWBewh?JeAAA6gglgWglGegWglwhDewwBeAPQawhDewwQ4Aeg0QagH?DegWwwCegHJeAAA6giWGeglgWQaHegWQpIewwIewwJeAAAo?gwhglRpFewhglRpFewhhlGewhneAAAvhBFnBAAPPAU+bTAS?4sdDnoo2AUN2BA2gh0Heg0Ieg0AehlIeglIeglMeAAA[/fumen]