2 Pages V < 1 2  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Perfect Clear Finder
Shuey
post Dec 24 2016, 05:42 PM
Post #16

Tetris Expert
Group Icon

Thanks for the info! And thank you in advance if you end up working on that alternate version sometime early next year! smile.gif

--------------------
Subscribe to me on YouTube
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Pineapple
post Jan 7 2017, 04:19 AM
Post #17

Tetris Apprentice
Group Icon

QUOTE(Okey_Dokey @ Dec 24 2016, 11:39 AM) *
Also: There's a Tetris Puzzle Flash game with the goal to do perfect clears. You can decide in which order the pieces appear. No softdrop though and every placement must clear a line.

Looks exactly like Puzzle mode from Tetris DS. Except with worse music and sound effects.

I actually have an old unsolved problem (that's no longer entirely relevant, because some people here aer too damn clever) that this solver might be able to help with, but I'm not certain if it can in its current form.

So, take this board:

This is the state of play, after 27 pieces have been placed, and the T from the 4th bag is held. Assuming the full power of Guideline Tetris, how many of the 5040 different orders of the next bag allow the board to be cleared? I'd like to exclude the degenerate cases where only 4 lines are cleared (any two of JLT in the first 3 pieces springs to mind; there are probably others), as the intent is to perfect clear on a board seam, which would clear 6 lines from this position.

I know that there is at least one solution, but I cannot remember what it is (as it was several years ago that it was found, and I don't know if the hard drive I was using at the time is in working order or not).

--------------------
It is only when you open your mind, that you will be able to see how beautiful the world is...
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

2 Pages V < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

©2009-2014 Hard Drop Community & Forum
harddrop.com is not sponsored or endorsed by The Tetris Company or its subsidiaries.