New Tetris online : mickael.pusku.com

Started by Mickael_Tetris, October 05, 2013, 09:29:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mickael_Tetris

Hi all,

I'm new member.

I create Tetris game online and I'm looking for players to try and tell me if it's good or not and to me suggestions.

To play, go to : http://mickael.pusku.com

New url : https://bzhgames.000webhostapp.com/

Good luck  

Thanks to you.

[attachmentid=463]

Integration

Does the gravity change according to your score or number of dropped pieces? How do you log in a second time? Didn't work for me (I didn't use the Facebook login, I entered an e-mail address, but no e-mail was sent to it). It happened to me that the shown playing field didn't match the real playing field. Some pieces stopped falling further while they were still in the air.

Playing Tetris on a 8 wide matrix is interesting, but a 10 wide matrix would give you more choices where to drop a piece. The best thing on your game is the highscore table. There are some things I found disturbing:

- lack of a hard drop key (a key that moves the current piece instantly to the bottom and locks it)
- lack of a button for counter-clockwise rotation
- buttons are not customizable - not everybody wants to play with arrow keys or numpad
- gravity (the speed with which the pieces fall) started too low and didn't increase fast enough
- the rotation system doesn't behave like what Tetris players are used to

In my opinion the hard drop key is the most important thing. Regarding the last point: You have aligned your pieces to the very left top side of its bounding box, only very few old Tetris games did that. That's how rotation works in most Tetris clients nowadays:

[fumen]110@rbQpjbQpjbQp/eQpjbQpjbQpjbQpjbQpjbVpjbQpgb?ssgbQpkbQpusQpkbQpibQpkbUpkbQpIwhbQpkbQpKwQpkbQ?pibQpkbUpkbQpgblzQpkbQplzgbQpkbQpibQpkbUplbQp1l?QplbQp1lQplbTpsbAoUCAV5BAAub8embFYgbEYnb8eob8e6?bUKpbssxb4GJwmb4Ggb4GnbIwzbcDmbcDgbkzobkzVcAwNF?Ayeh1DUBAAAubEYobEYmb9egb8enbEYxbUKnbss9b5GmbIw?gbIwnb4GIwxbcDxblzcDVcAwNEAknVKEtb8eob8enbEYgbF?Ymb8eybsspbUK7bIwnb4Ggb4GmbJw4GwbkzobkzgbcDmbcD?XcAwNEAsI/dE[/fumen]
In my opinion, I pieces (sticks) as well as S and Z pieces (snakes) only need 2 rotation states, but make sure that S and Z are located right in the middle (3 fields away from the left and right wall) in their vertical state. If you let the L, J and T pieces spawn vertically, then spawn them in the middle, too.

FieryLight

It glitched on me....

The "T" piece just stopped there.  The floating "L" piece is the active one.  And no, I did not cleverly clear lines to make that happen, it actually just stopped right there and locked in.

hebo-MAI

Hi, Mickael_Tetris.
I think this is great, but I have a question.
Can your site be available a string with " or ' and so on for password when I register?
I tried to register but an error was returned from server.

Mickael_Tetris

Thank you for your comments.
They will allow me to improve the game.

Hi,

Indeed the characters " and ' are perhaps not well managed. I'll try to fix it.

Thanks

Quote from: hebo-MAI
Hi, Mickael_Tetris.
I think this is great, but I have a question.
Can your site be available a string with " or ' and so on for password when I register?
I tried to register but an error was returned from server.

Quote from: Mickael_Tetris
Thank you for your comments.
They will allow me to improve the game.
Hi,

Indeed the characters " and ' are perhaps not well managed. I'll try to fix it.

Thanks

It's ok now with characters " and '.

Mickael_Tetris

Hi Integration,

To answer your question, yes, the gravity change.
Speed increases by 105% every 45 seconds.
It is true that at the beginning it's slow, but it is for beginners to play well.

Quote from: Integration
Does the gravity change according to your score or number of dropped pieces? How do you log in a second time? Didn't work for me (I didn't use the Facebook login, I entered an e-mail address, but no e-mail was sent to it). It happened to me that the shown playing field didn't match the real playing field. Some pieces stopped falling further while they were still in the air.

Playing Tetris on a 8 wide matrix is interesting, but a 10 wide matrix would give you more choices where to drop a piece. The best thing on your game is the highscore table. There are some things I found disturbing:

- lack of a hard drop key (a key that moves the current piece instantly to the bottom and locks it)
- buttons are not customizable - not everybody wants to play with arrow keys or numpad
- gravity (the speed with which the pieces fall) started too low and didn't increase fast enough

In my opinion the hard drop key is the most important thing. Regarding the last point: You have aligned your pieces to the very left top side of its bounding box, only very few old Tetris games did that. That's how rotation works in most Tetris clients nowadays:

[fumen]110@rbQpjbQpjbQp/eQpjbQpjbQpjbQpjbQpjbVpjbQpgb?ssgbQpkbQpusQpkbQpibQpkbUpkbQpIwhbQpkbQpKwQpkbQ?pibQpkbUpkbQpgblzQpkbQplzgbQpkbQpibQpkbUplbQp1l?QplbQp1lQplbTpsbAoUCAV5BAAub8embFYgbEYnb8eob8e6?bUKpbssxb4GJwmb4Ggb4GnbIwzbcDmbcDgbkzobkzVcAwNF?Ayeh1DUBAAAubEYobEYmb9egb8enbEYxbUKnbss9b5GmbIw?gbIwnb4GIwxbcDxblzcDVcAwNEAknVKEtb8eob8enbEYgbF?Ymb8eybsspbUK7bIwnb4Ggb4GmbJw4GwbkzobkzgbcDmbcD?XcAwNEAsI/dE[/fumen]
In my opinion, I pieces (sticks) as well as S and Z pieces (snakes) only need 2 rotation states, but make sure that S and Z are located right in the middle (3 fields away from the left and right wall) in their vertical state. If you let the L, J and T pieces spawn vertically, then spawn them in the middle, too.

Master

XaeL

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/IxSwfy3.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"400\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"http://i.imgur.com/IxSwfy3.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Need to rotate both ways
Need to have hard drop
need more previews
need customizable controls
need [wiki]DAS[/wiki]

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Integration

Quote from: XaeL...
need [wiki]DAS[/wiki]
Currently, rotating will break the move left resp. right chain. However, I don't think DAS is that important, if a games uses a 8 column wide matrix. If you add DAS, you have to ensure that rotating on the walls work (if possible kick the piece to left resp. right if piece is outside of the matrix).

[fumen]110@2bZiobYiobYiOeAoUOAw+kkDloo2ATJ8nEu9BAA2bp?UibZijboUjbYijboUjbYiJeAwNPAEirSASYlNEFbMmEBzsC?A7bpUnbYiobYioUJeAwNTAy3WeD0OZyDFb0sDhu0aEFrmAA?EcYiobYioUKeAwNyAzH98AwAukDroo2AJP98Awp78AwKS5D?koo2AjoMDEFbEcEvoo2AU9UTASYjrDG/BAA[/fumen]

Quote from: Mickael_TetrisHi Integration,

To answer your question, yes, the gravity change.
Speed increases by 105% every 45 seconds.
It is true that at the beginning it's slow, but it is for beginners to play well.

Perhaps you could add a clock and level counter to the game? So gravity is exponential to the elapsed time? If I understood it right, gravity doubles every 10 minutes and 40 seconds. This system means, that it is more important to play fast (and well) than surviving high gravity. If you don't implement harddop, it means that people must know how to setup keyboard delay and repeat speed to softdrop fast and score high.

Anyway, one round took 20 to 30 minutes for me. This is too long, in my opinion. I don't want to play a Marathon game longer than 10 or 12 minutes.

morningpee

Historically, TTC has come down hard on 3rd-party games with "Tetris" in the title or description.  For legal reasons, it's probably in your best interest to change that, in case your game becomes popular.

Mickael_Tetris

That is why the two scores of over 1000 points?
I must correct it. Thank you for the info.

Currently, rotating will break the move left resp. right chain. However, I don't think DAS is that important, if a games uses a 8 column wide matrix. If you add DAS, you have to ensure that rotating on the walls work (if possible kick the piece to left resp. right if piece is outside of the matrix).

[fumen]110@2bZiobYiobYiOeAoUOAw+kkDloo2ATJ8nEu9BAA2bp?UibZijboUjbYijboUjbYiJeAwNPAEirSASYlNEFbMmEBzsC?A7bpUnbYiobYioUJeAwNTAy3WeD0OZyDFb0sDhu0aEFrmAA?EcYiobYioUKeAwNyAzH98AwAukDroo2AJP98Awp78AwKS5D?koo2AjoMDEFbEcEvoo2AU9UTASYjrDG/BAA[/fumen]
Perhaps you could add a clock and level counter to the game? So gravity is exponential to the elapsed time? If I understood it right, gravity doubles every 10 minutes and 40 seconds. This system means, that it is more important to play fast (and well) than surviving high gravity. If you don't implement harddop, it means that people must know how to setup keyboard delay and repeat speed to softdrop fast and score high.

Anyway, one round took 20 to 30 minutes for me. This is too long, in my opinion. I don't want to play a Marathon game longer than 10 or 12 minutes.

Mickael_Tetris

Hi Integration,

I changed the rotation of the pieces, as you said.
I hope you enjoy  

Good game.

Integration

Yes, now it rotates like all official games since 2001.

(I once said that I couldn't log in, but now I can. probablee i vas dshust to dump)

CaptainPaul

Always like to see new games being made
Recommendations:
Rotate both directions
Custom controls would be cool
Clearing the matrix after Game Over would also be a pleasant touch.

Keep up the good work!

Mickael_Tetris

Thank you for your encouragement.
I'm working on developments.