5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> King of Kings 2
myndzi
post Apr 1 2013, 07:20 AM
Post #46

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Gonna be a little late with the next round, apologies. I'll post it sometime later today.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
myndzi
post Apr 1 2013, 11:25 PM
Post #47

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Okay, the first big cut happens now. Players out are: Kitaru, MiracleMan, Blitz, BARNCHAK.

Mario and Blitz, you only have four turns on your round 4 game, but since you're eliminated by the rankings I won't need to abort your match. You can finish it out within the next week for a boost to your final score.

I hope you guys had fun, and don't forget to keep an eye on the end of the tournament for the prize drawings!

Round 5 matches:
  • baseballboy vs Profane
  • MarioThePhenom vs penguinfrk
  • TeTWiS vs piper
  • Aaron vs StS

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
myndzi
post Apr 2 2013, 04:38 AM
Post #48

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Okay guys, I goofed. Some players didn't receive credit for a handful of games when I calculated this round's matches. This was the only round affected by this mistake. I've re-sorted and re-matched the players.

My apologies to those affected, and thanks to BARNCHAK for spotting the mistake.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Profane
post Apr 3 2013, 04:09 AM
Post #49

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

some of the match links in the first post don't match up. i wanted to watch the reply of Aaron/Larry and it's not the correct game.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
myndzi
post Apr 6 2013, 08:04 AM
Post #50

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Didn't wanna raise the old King of Stackers thread from the grave, but I made a number of really useful improvements to the game today. They aren't really documented except in the changelog so I figured it would be useful to spread the word.

I removed a ton of slowdown, the game now responds very nicely. If you didn't know, you can configure custom keys to play in your profile; these now display as human-readable values instead of keycode numbers. Replays have an auto-play mode now: spacebar to start or pause, right/left to move forward/back a piece (pauses automatically), and up/down to increase/decrease speed. Kicks and line clears cause a delay (twice the current speed) to make it easier to follow. Finally, there are now hotkeys for commit and revert: CTRL+ENTER for commit and CTRL+BACKSPACE for revert. Presumably these are convoluted enough that you don't have to worry about cats, and intuitive enough that they'll be easy to keep straight.

P.S. - for a peek at the new theme, change any game.php to game-new.php Smile.png

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
StS
post Apr 6 2013, 10:58 AM
Post #51

Tetris Expert
Group Icon

Really nice changes! I also noticed that an error message pops up when you try to play more than 7 moves in your turn.

--------------------
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
myndzi
post Apr 6 2013, 11:15 AM
Post #52

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Yeah, that's temporary. More accurately, it pops up whenever the ajax request receives an HTTP error. It's so I can tell if anything else goes wrong in the short term ... popup windows will annoy people and they will complain to me Wink.png

P.S. did one more thing tonight. (possibly) fixed the refresh stall, but definitely fixed the timing algorithm. Active play should be much improved now.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
piper
post Apr 6 2013, 05:58 PM
Post #53

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

Nice myndzi, sick changes!
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
myndzi
post Apr 9 2013, 04:25 AM
Post #54

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

piper continues his reign of terror, and two relatively new players make it into the final four. Round 4 baseballboy vs Kitaru is ruled a tie.

Edit: I've had to make a judgement call here. Profane had 8 points and baseballboy had 7 according to the rules, but given that Profane had one win by default which gave him 2 points and baseballboy had a tie which gave him 1, and by happenstance baseballboy actually defeated Profane last round, I've eliminated Profane and passed baseballboy on. I am truly sorry for this, but I hope you can understand the reasoning. Wins by default will henceforth be ruled as a single point unless I suspect BM. I can't think of any way around making this a judgement call.

Eliminations this round are Profane, Aaron, TeTWiS, and MarioThePhenom. I hope you guys enjoyed yourselves, be sure to stay tuned for the drawing!

Round 6
  • StS vs penguinfrk
  • baseballboy vs piper

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Profane
post Apr 9 2013, 08:20 AM
Post #55

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

On second thought i'd just like to say gl bbb.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
myndzi
post Apr 16 2013, 02:51 AM
Post #56

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

As many of you suspected, it comes down to larry vs piper...
I need a best of three from you guys to seal the deal. Larry challenges first, piper on game 2, larry if there's a game 3. I can't update all the stuff right now, please be patient with me -- I will get to it!

Also since we have our final two, I'll be able to do the prize drawings shortly.

Edit: I mistook larry's round 5 pm for round 6. I dug their game out of the database and it looks to be stalled at 6 turns, so technically StS would be disqualified. I'm gonna give him the week to finish the game if he wants to be eligible for the prize drawing and/or for final placement, but larry will get the victory.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
larrytetris
post Apr 16 2013, 06:52 AM
Post #57

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

QUOTE(myndzi @ Apr 16 2013, 02:51 AM) *

Edit: I mistook larry's round 5 pm for round 6. I dug their game out of the database and it looks to be stalled at 6 turns, so technically StS would be disqualified. I'm gonna give him the week to finish the game if he wants to be eligible for the prize drawing and/or for final placement, but larry will get the victory.

If there is one player between StS and I that should be disqualified, it should be me because I was on a retreat with my choral group for 2 days. He's kept up the 1 turn/day, it just stalled for about 30 hours because I was out of town (hence the 6 turns in 7 days).

If he'd like to, I'm absolutely willing to keep playing out the game. It's looking like a fun one so far (:

--------------------

Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.
~Martin Luther King Jr.

IPB Image

QUOTE(DarthDuck @ Oct 19 2011, 09:14 PM) *

Larry can polymer spin and reinvent tetris itself while he plays
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
piper
post Apr 16 2013, 08:17 AM
Post #58

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

You guys should just play it out to decide the winner, in my humble opinion. Hate for STS to come this far and lose on a technicallity. He's been playing very well... and I'm scared of playing Larry =S.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
StS
post Apr 16 2013, 02:29 PM
Post #59

Tetris Expert
Group Icon

Hmm, I don't really see why either larry or I would be disqualified, as it's only been a week since the round started (the threshold is 2 weeks, isn't it?). Either way, we are having a rather interesting game, so I do want to finish it if possible.

Honestly, I thought you would wait till all Round 6 games were over (or at least wait 2 weeks), before starting the finals.

EDIT: Also, rather than 'stalled', our game started quite late. We have been playing fairly regularly over the past few days.

--------------------
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
myndzi
post Apr 21 2013, 03:56 AM
Post #60

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Hey guys. I did the random drawings, the winners are:

TeTWiS, StS, Profane

Thanks for participating Smile.png PM me a Paypal address for your :tenbux:

Oh, also! Go ahead and start posting your favorite game moments in here. Let's nominate some replays for the best turn prize Smile.png This final round won't count.

--------------------
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

5 Pages V « < 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

©2009-2014 Hard Drop Community & Forum
harddrop.com is not sponsored or endorsed by The Tetris Company or its subsidiaries.