HOME WORLD FORUMS WIKI VIDEOS
9580 members and stacking!
     Welcome guest, please login or sign up

16 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hard Drop Feature Suggestion Page, Features you want to see on HD!
coolmaninsano
post Jan 1 2012, 12:07 AM
Post #181

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

This would probably take a fair bit of programming and stuff.

And remember that we (obviously) don't have as much of a player base as StarCraft II.

And that everyone will countlessly argue "which game?" to set it at and if NullpoMino is the agreed game, "which settings?"

(I'm not bashing your idea, I just don't think it would work with our size of player base).
User is offlinePM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post
Paradox
post Jan 1 2012, 12:20 AM
Post #182

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(coolmaninsano @ Jan 1 2012, 12:07 AM) *

This would probably take a fair bit of programming and stuff.

And remember that we (obviously) don't have as much of a player base as StarCraft II.

And that everyone will countlessly argue "which game?" to set it at and if NullpoMino is the agreed game, "which settings?"

(I'm not bashing your idea, I just don't think it would work with our size of player base).

yes I know starcraft has a large player base, but they still split it into regions, and again into leagues (significantly smaller) in our version we will only have one player base. I know there still aren't that many people but its similar to someone saying on the shoutbox "anyone want to play?" Usually there is at least one person who wants to play you. and if you are just sitting on the shoutbox talking to kill time anyway, you have more opportunities.

the ratings could then be adjusted according to whoever decided to play you and the outcome of the game.

I honestly don't mind what we decide on as the game as long as its by vote or something, I think most people wouldnt' mind Nullpo TOJ settings.

The only problem I really foresee is the coding. I think the participation levels and the game chosen will only be seen if we try.

It would also suck if you keep getting matched against the same person since you are hte only ones on the shoutbox lol. but again takes more coding to treat that issue.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
virulent
post Jan 2 2012, 03:34 AM
Post #183

Tetris Professional
Group Icon

i don't play tf but iirc they have the quick play button?
i think only a handful of ppl would be on at any given point anyway :i
even w/ being split onto diff servers or whatnot, sc2 has a lot more ppl on at 1 time
[esp playing at 1 time cause their games last much longer]
on avg how many ppl are on nullpo or hd [as compared to sc2] looking for a game at any given point?
i agree w/ aaron but if the coding is simple i say let's just try n see!
personally i would probably go on n check if anyone's playing n then decide whether or not i wanna play that particular person before i pressed a quick play button [same w/ on sc2 or tf]

--------------------
IPB Image
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
coolmaninsano
post Jan 8 2012, 08:03 AM
Post #184

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

2009-2011 Hard Drop Community & Forum
harddrop.com is not sponsored or endorsed by The Tetris Company or its subsidiaries.
>2012
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Rosti_LFC
post Jan 8 2012, 11:04 AM
Post #185

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Paradox @ Jan 1 2012, 12:20 AM) *

yes I know starcraft has a large player base, but they still split it into regions, and again into leagues (significantly smaller) in our version we will only have one player base.

Except as virulent says there are still absolutely craptons of people online looking for matches compared to here.

I think it's a neat idea, but I think it'd be really difficult to implement and it would struggle to serve as a matchmaker at all. The whole point of matchmaking is that it will match you against someone who is very close to your skill so that your games are fairly close and enjoyable. If this thing is not only going to have to wait for someone else to click a button, but for someone else of roughly equivalent skill to do so, then it's going to take hours to find matches using it with the number of people we currently have.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paradox
post Feb 9 2012, 06:55 PM
Post #186

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

lets switch stream to twitch.tv

I've noticed the quality is much better, but im not sure if you have an unlimited amount of recordings.

Ppl streaming should use xsplit which is quite simple to understand

Any recordings we make should be saved locally anyway for higher quality.

also all of your streams are saved for like 7 days automatically so you can just click the "upload to youtube" button

so yeh.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Rosti_LFC
post Feb 9 2012, 08:29 PM
Post #187

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

In all I've used Twitch.tv (which is just Justin.tv but split off for gaming stuff), I've never seen anything to suggest you have limits on uploads.

And yeah, it's way better than Ustream. You have to use Xsplit, FMLE or other programs to stream, but there are plenty of guides out there on how to do stuff if you know how to use Google.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paradox
post Feb 10 2012, 06:51 AM
Post #188

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

yeah plus xplit is easy as hell to use anyway.

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Rosti_LFC
post Feb 10 2012, 10:13 AM
Post #189

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Xsplit actually totally doesn't work with the audio on my laptop :\

Plus fairly soon it'll no longer be a free program, and it won't be easily pirateable either.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paradox
post Feb 11 2012, 05:53 AM
Post #190

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

nah it will be easily pirated. its retarded that they want to charge money ~_~

if not FML because FMLE is hard to use

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Rosti_LFC
post Feb 11 2012, 04:54 PM
Post #191

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Not sure if it'll be that easily pirated - you need to log in through the Xsplit server for it to work.

And FMLE is piss easy to use. All you need is something like VHScrCap and a handful of brain cells and it's no problem. And if you're that retarded then again, there are plenty of guides on the internet that'll walk you through setting it up. The only actual issue with FMLE is that it can be pretty fickle and unstable on certain installations, and it has a tendency to crash a bit too regularly for my liking. But when it works it's better than XSplit imo, you just need to herp derp a bit less to use it properly.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paradox
post Feb 12 2012, 08:34 PM
Post #192

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

QUOTE(Rosti_LFC @ Feb 11 2012, 04:54 PM) *

Not sure if it'll be that easily pirated - you need to log in through the Xsplit server for it to work.

yo thats what cracks are for.

And FMLE is piss easy to use.

i haven't really made an effort to use it yet. I like how xsplit is quick and ez you just drag and drop crap. Is there anyway to do little overlay type things?

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Rosti_LFC
post Feb 12 2012, 08:55 PM
Post #193

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

Of course there is. It's what everyone used for streaming for like the three years before Xsplit came along.

And lol like anything streamed on HD is worthy of an overlay.
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
Paradox
post Feb 12 2012, 09:26 PM
Post #194

Tetris Grand Master
Group Icon

oh i was actually thinking about sc2 teehee. but yeah you can still make fun looking things though for tetris

--------------------
IPB Image
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post
coolmaninsano
post Feb 14 2012, 02:10 AM
Post #195

Tetris Novice
Group Icon

This annoys the hell out of me:
IPB Image

(If it's not obvious, the line below "my forum topics" is a darker blue than any of the other lines.)
User is offlinePM
+Quote Post

16 Pages V « < 11 12 13 14 15 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

©2009-2014 Hard Drop Community & Forum
harddrop.com is not sponsored or endorsed by The Tetris Company or its subsidiaries.