Need help with youtube channel

Started by wizard944, September 20, 2017, 06:24:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizard944

Hey guys!

So recently, I've been trying to put out some youtube content. I'm aware that I'm not that great of a player (44 second sprint time lol) especially by the standards of this site. However, I feel like if beginners watch videos from the current good players, they're not really going to know what's happening and while they'll appreciate the speed, they're unlikely to be inspired to start taking tetris more seriously themselves. So I'm trying to provide the type of content that exists for other games like self commentated games, analysis of high level tournament games, and detailed tutorials. My target audience would be people who generally know how the game works but have never really taken it too seriously. Maybe they played tetris battle on facebook and got to rank 70something by 2-wide combos and then lost interest because their friends didn't play. Those are the kind of people who I'm trying to bring into the community to help it grow.

Here's an example of an analysis video I made recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76_VwT-c3EE

What I need help on:
- For those of you who are very high level and put out videos, I'd like to use some of your videos for analysis, so if you can give me permission to use your videos, I'd be much obliged
- For those of you who are artistically inclined, I feel like I need some art for an intro scene, overlay, etc at some point if I want to make this channel more presentable for casual players
- For those of you who really like discussing tetris theory, I need to make sure all my tutorials have all the relevant and correct information for the topics. I've been writing some scripts to make these tutorials flow more smoothly, and if you'd like to proofread or fact check them, it will help ensure the quality of the tutorials.

Thanks guys!

wizard944

Also, as a side note, is the tetris comeback tournament top 3 ever going to be played out, or did people lose interest? I'd love to do another analysis on one of those matches, if they ever happen, especially given how uniquely squirtle plays.

jackh1771

waiting for onepunman i do believe. i'm ready to play whenever

BestN00b

would you be interested in analyzing gameplay involving players around your skill level (I'm 39 second sprint)?

or we can have a nice chat about how to get from amateur to pretty decent, since I can still remember well my journey from 'thinking i was good because of Tetris Battle' to where I am now.

wizard944

Quote from: jackh1771
waiting for onepunman i do believe. i'm ready to play whenever

Can I use your videos for analysis please?

Quote from: BestN00b
would you be interested in analyzing gameplay involving players around your skill level (I'm 39 second sprint)?

or we can have a nice chat about how to get from amateur to pretty decent, since I can still remember well my journey from 'thinking i was good because of Tetris Battle' to where I am now.

I'm probably gonna only do analysis for super high level stuff because it takes a really long time lol (notice how the jkwon vs ajanba one was over an hour long and that's not including the prep work I did). I'd be down to do some video where I'm, say, playing someone close to my skill level while on voice chat with them or something.

Jupiter_Joe

I think what you've done here begs the larger question: Can multiplayer tetris be broadcast live? How can it be made interesting for all levels in a live format.

What you have done here is wonderful, and, I think, necessarily instructive. American Football does this sort of thing all the time- give a demonstration of technique and execution, queued for downtime. A real-time library like this would be invaluable. Also, I've seen Aitsu_K use an X second replay in his broadcasts that should be required.

I remember the energy Parkzer brought to broadcasts previously, but there were technical aspects too. I'd hope there was a clear idea of what to show, how and when to show it- switching to post round stats screens for example. Current streams are excellent, but are bolstered by the player and not the game. Cult of personality will not advance VS tetris. The game must be larger.

I think many of us hope for E League Tetris. Whether or not it's a possibility rests on the community aiding the streams and being decisive about coverage. Tetris is intense, international, and immediate! These dumbass go-cart soccer games make me want to cry.

sdfudfjdsfnds

cool vid and very detailed analysis!

good work

jackh1771

yeah wizard that's good with me. If you do use my perspective from yt could you just link the original video in your description so people can find me as well?

wizard944

Quote from: jackh1771
yeah wizard that's good with me. If you do use my perspective from yt could you just link the original video in your description so people can find me as well?

Yes, absolutely. I will link to your channel and the original video just as I have for blink in the analysis video in the OP.

jackh1771

cool cool. i checked that out, nice content.

everyone go yell at onepunman so we can finish this tournament before TTO5