Farewell Facebook Tetris Friends

Started by larrytetris, August 31, 2012, 04:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coconutcrusher

Quote from: Okey_Dokey
This deserves an own thread but I will post it here nonetheless:

Tetris Friends and Tetris Battle will be shut down on May 31st, 2019.

[!--ImageUrlBegin--][a href=\\\"https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4N9lnyUUAAKHQ5.png\\\" target=\\\"_new\\\"][!--ImageUrlEBegin--][img width=\\\"500\\\" class=\\\"attach\\\" src=\\\"https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4N9lnyUUAAKHQ5.png\\\" border=\\\'0\\\' alt=\\\"IPB Image\\\" /][!--ImageUrlEnd--][/a][!--ImageUrlEEnd--]

Really bummed to hear about this. I've played and watched many different versions of Tetris, and nothing beats TF. Heck, it's the main reason I still use a CRT monitor.   The rest just don't have the same look or player base . . PPT comes closest, but it needs tuning settings and that line clear delay still bugs me. And I'm sure the biggest dealbreaker for most: none of them have Alexey's voice.   So probably will have to retire from Tetris until they make a similar replacement.    that isn't Hello Kitty.  

Really thought TF would be around for a lot longer, figured if no one was running it, no one would shut it down. And even if employees were still around, it didn't seem too hard to maintain as is. Wish there was an easy way for them to convert it to HTML5 or just release the source code so someone else can (and hopefully, that someone else can finally flip the switch to ON for Arena Challenge  Really miss that.). Actually, I'm more disappointed that the big tech companies couldn't just leave Flash alone, I mean no one uses the marquee or blink html tags anymore but they're still there.   Oh well, we'll call it even if tech companies turn against the hashtag next.  

And I'm probably most disappointed at myself for not finding TF earlier and getting to play it more during its heyday. It's actually the only game I felt I was ever half-decent at, and wonder how much farther if I dedicated more time to it. In fact, after the last TTO, I actually started editing video clips of the TF pros to analyze and improve my game, but I hit some IRL hardships midyear so had to stop. I was planning to start working on it again later this year and dreamed of getting quarter-pro by 2021.  Ahh, what am I going to do with these thousands of clips now?? And I still haven't learned polymer t-spins!! And what am I going to do with all the other Flash games I never finished, I mean, I still haven't beaten Christopher Robin in Pooh's Home Run Derby!!!  

(Oh, and also sorry to hear about FB's Tetris Battle. Lots of fun before it became lagging mess, plus I learned a lot of Tagalog swear words!    )

((btw, normally I hate using emojis but Harddrop has the BEST smileys, surprised ppl here don't use them more.   Way better than the standard ones all over social media.    ))