Tetrisfriends 31st of April Tournament 2017

Started by Blitz, April 01, 2017, 01:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blitz

HardDrop's tournament organizing team proudly presents:

The annual Tetrisfriends 31st of April Tournament!

We have decided to make this an annual event due to the great success of last year's Tetrisfriends 31st of April tournament.

After months of hard work, blood, sweat and tears, HardDrop's expert game design team have landed on the following set of rules for this tournament:
•   All matches must be played on the normal arena mode. Our research clearly suggests this mode is much better than expert and expert+ mode.
•   The room name must be "Chaotic Rock Studio". We understand this rule might seem silly, but we politely ask you to respect our decision as we believe this is a necessary step to combat the use of offensive room names.
•   We have changed the win condition. Instead of winning when tetrisfriends say you win, you win by Xealing. If neither player Xeals it's a draw.
•   Our research shows that many players have gotten way too good at spinning T-Tetriminos into T-Tetrimino-shaped holes. To regain control over the T-spin situation we have teamed up with the tetrisfriends developer team and we are proud to announce that instead of spinning T-Tetriminos into T-Tetrimino-shaped holes we will soon be spinning T-Hexadecaminos into T-Hexadecamino-shaped holes!

Fun fact: T-Hexadecaminos have even parity.

Commentary:
We are excited to announce that our team of highly skilled expert commentators will be commentating all matches in both Klingon and JavaScript!

Prizes:
1st place: Exclusive "Xealed it" harddrop forum title.
2nd place: Exclusive "almost Xealed it" harddrop forum title.
3rd place: Exclusive "almost almost Xealed it" harddrop forum title.

Okey_Dokey

I'll join since I'm kinda the defending champion. My hopes are not that high this time though - I'm bad at Xealing.

What happens if a match ends in a draw? Will we play a game of Tic Tac Toe to determine the winner?

Hakkai

i'm already practicing at xealing opening. send one line then harddrop to suicide.
beware, you won't even see it coming at you.

Danieru

Just an Irish tetris player.

ZeroT

April 31th is my birthday, and I invented XeaLing, so I am all in! Thanks for running this bang-up tourney Blitz!
☠ ZeroT

z2sam

BentoBoxer

officegunner

I will play only if I can use Orange Stick.

XaeL

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

PabloNex

LOL im in. Question: if you win with a draw, the other guy wins too or what?

PD: Nice april's fools meme xd

anakin57

would love to join!
Best 3 puzzle games of all-time: Tetris, Dr Mario, and Wario's Woods
LFGdating.com - Gamer Dating