Hello from tomcaa

Started by tomcaa, May 25, 2016, 12:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcaa

Hi all, my name is Milan Tomic and I started playing Tetris as a kid (now I am almost 26). I started playing TetrisFriends in 2012, and really I liked it, so I was interested in improving. I've been reading HD forums, TetrisConcept and similar stuff long before I registered (just now). I also practice on NullpoMino, but since I had so much other stuff to do (studying and working in parallel), I am not so much of an active player. At the moment, my sprint time is around 50s, and my rank on tf is 18-19. My next steps would be to improve my finesse, learn proper 3-wide and 4-wide combos and T-spin triple.

So, last year I ran into some TEC videos on youtube, and I decided to try this year, just to see the difference between platforms. I never played Tetris on NES, SNES, GB, nor arcade before (and arcade was absolutely the most interesting part for me, since it is so different). I tried classic NES version on emulator, but it is a bit slower then the real one, so it is hardly playable on higher speeds, at least for my skill. My best score on NES was the second match vs Linus, and I was in semifinals for GameBoy, which I certainly didn't expect, so I am happy

I don't know about Tetris community in Serbia, if someone sees this, it would be great to meet, exchange experience and train together. My current location is Belgrade.

So much for the first post!

pizzapizza

Alexsweden

Welcome tomcaa! Nice to see that you found your way here!

tomcaa

Thank you, fellows  Well, like I said, I have found it way too much before, but I have always been a silent reader. I think it is time for me to start changing that. Here's a beginners youtube video I made today, after that I found better methods for screen recording... I hope I will be under 50 soon again.

Cheers

XaeL

QuoteLike many setups here, it is useful if your opponent doesn't move and you get 4 Ts in a row.

Okey_Dokey

Nice perfect clear! I have done maybe 2 or 3 pc-sprints in my whole life. Also, sooo many tabs.

I guess NES PAL roms can also be found somewhere in the world wide web. Looks like you were the one with the longest traviling to the Tetris European Championship (besides the Icelander). Maybe I will also go next year.

tomcaa

Thank you, XaeL, Okey_Dokey!

I think this was my first one, I had maybe 7-8 perfect clears that I can remember right now, it is mostly by accident.

Actually, I have a NES rom, but the emulation is slow, I guess. Maybe if I get joypads instead of the keyboard. However, it was a nice experience, practice makes perfect, anyway.

I'm looking forward to meeting you all, on whatever occasion that could be  Yes, everyone was surprised that someone from Serbia got there. I don't know why is that -_-

Blink

Hey tomcaa, you're at the right place if you're looking to improve.  Nice first post, I better see you competing in a future TEC!

Sumez

I hope we will have you back next year as well :) It was great to see people from Serbia joining us this time.