My (brief) experience with the Razor Blackwidow (with Orange Switches)…

Started by M_Bison, October 29, 2014, 01:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

officegunner

Quote from: M_Bison
Quote from: officegunner
My DASKeyboard has N-key rollover via usb... :o
SICK  Was not aware that DAS Keyboards had N-rollover via USB  

Very cool indeed  

- Jono

Jono, have you used Cherry MX switches(Blue, Brown), and if you have, how do they compare to the Razor switches(Green, Orange)?

Also the DASkeyboard has extra usb 3.0 ports for your Mouse etc etc... truly a superlative choice

M_Bison

Quote from: officegunnerJono, have you used Cherry MX switches(Blue, Brown), and if you have, how do they compare to the Razor switches(Green, Orange)?
I am currently using a combination of Blue and Brown Cherry MX switches on my keyboard (-Browns for directional movements and hard/soft-drops and Blue for rotations/hold/typing). I have never actually used Red (or Black) Cherry MX switches before. The Razor Orange switches I tried out where indeed great (and obscenely fast)...but that means nothing when the keyboard is missing keystrokes and jamming  Not too sure about the Razor Green's either but I would say they have a very similar feel to Cherry MX Browns  

- Jono
Fear and respect... the supreme energy that is Psycho Power!

vipjun

Orange was suppose to be an mx red with a higher actuation point. It is the only new switch developed by cherry in the last 20years or so I think.  i used mechanical for a while .. i think my keys eventually "chattered"  

- Jono
[/quote]