I'm new to tetris, need help!

Started by Min, September 16, 2014, 08:29:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Min

Before I say anything, I looked around this forum and found some pretty good info, things about 2 something whatever it was called and some other stuff.
I checked this website, but many of the links are gone.
http://harddrop.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4143

Let me introduce myself. I'm kind of new at tetris. Played a lot of tetris with friends, and especially in math class
>.< zTris! I think it's because of this game ZTris I have been accustomed to rotating only one side. My TF time is somewhere between 1:30-1:45. I only rotate once, I don't really look at the next pieces, and I use standard controls (I read somewhere i should change it, preferably up as hard drop) I'm trying to get used to this, and hopefully I want to become really good at tetris. I downloaded Nullpomino, and am going to check that out pretty soon.

TL;DR: Hi I'm new, I dont know if this is the place I should be posting but.. I need advice, the type the beginners will get, such as controls, getting used to using both rotates (i only use the standard TetrisFriends up*), and any other information i should know, such as the two method or whatever it was called. I want to be better. I WILL BE BETTER. kk thx

jkwon23

Playing games in CLASS. that's CLASS-ic.

Here's "2 method or whatever it was called" http://harddrop.com/wiki/0G_60_Hz_SRS_Movement_Finesse

you need something called DAS, this basically makes you move faster,
and ARR, idk what this is, but it's supposed to make your pieces move even faster.

Sirjeivus's fantastic guide on explaining what is DAS and ARR

officegunner

Hi min! Welcome to HD! I hope you enjoy your stay.

If you don't play with previews, why not play cultris II!

Cultris II is one of the fastest tetris games around, and only has one preview, so you can get used to it quickly!

Also, there are many good Korean players playing on cultris, so you can talk to them and get good advice!

-officegunner

Min

thanks for your two posts. I'll definitely check out 2 step finesse and cultivis LOL

What I'm trying to learn is the z rotate. i'm so used to spamming up for the x rotate, and if i messup it's another revolution of rotates, and im pretty sure if i master both rotates, i can decrease my speed a significant amount. I'm pretty sure I can change hard drop to up, but let's see...

Edit: O ya. This reminded me. I remember trying to sign up, and HD really wanted me to get a profil pic. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA took me like 235023850 seconds to finally get like a 120x120 pixel (was it 120by 120?) picture aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Then realized it wasn't in right format.. LOL

Min

Bump.
I've been playing some more tetris on tetris friends, highest sprint time is 1:29... It sucks I know. I just can't get with the controls (space hard drop, shift hold, up right rotate) and I cannot absolutely get used with the left rotate... i just keep spamming up even though i mess up and do like a 720 rotation lmao. HELPP. I didn't get used to nullpomino so it's just standing in my desktop, in front of the sexiest animal on the planet

Lucho

http://harddrop.com/wiki/Category:Fast_DAS...ovement_Finesse

There you can check which rotations you must perform for every  given placement of each one of the 7 pieces
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][spoiler]
Funky Ruskie[/div][div align=\\\"center\\\"] [/div][/spoiler]

adamrose045

It sucks I know. I just can't get with the controls (space hard drop, shift hold, up right rotate) and I cannot absolutely get used with the left rotate
Pass your NS0-502 on Pass4sure E20-002 marks in  Aruba paced test engine to help you pass wikipedia latest resource Harvard University

yotipo91

CCW rotate is good to learn alongside Finesse. Back-to-back is good to learn with Downstacking. Comboing (esp 4-wide) is good to learn with spins/twists.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]

Sprints: Nullpo-26.78 (4/0),  TF-35.97, TOPW-29.461 (065-15), C2-36.58 (4.5/0)
[url=http://tetrison

EagleLover58

To become better you have to have a better mind. Mindset, screen watching, and  focus concepts often overlooked.  My suggestion is to do things outside of the game for your mind to develop. Chess gives you the ability to think ahead. Math will help you with seeing field patterns perfect clears and such. particles is another way to improve this will give you better ability to see detail(every minor thing counts). Lastly I think the best way to improve your mind is  sleep trust me it helps