help! i cant find...

Started by fluster, March 25, 2014, 01:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluster

ooooold school.   the version i recall and desperately want to re-find, but cant for the life of me remember the name of...  well, it has special blocks in some of the polygons that if/when a row is completed with that block, a special effect will happen.

as i recall, a blue jelly looking one will make an entire row at the top of that same material, that there;s no way to get rid of UNless/until you complete a row with a special Red block (block being the block/icon in the poly piece entire)

there was other effects also that i dont just now recall...  but seem to remember, or misremember something about a "10 ton" anvil like thing that'd fall and take out like everything in 3 or 4 colums straight down when it fell.

and bombs. cant forget the bombs.

again, no effect at all could happen unless or until the row that had the special icon inside the poly.. or block within the block.. had been completed.   bombs were useful in blowing up the blue pieces that you almost never Wanted to be activated.  

i .. feel very not confident that im explaining this well, but trust me... it was cool!  and i reaaaly want to find it again but cant remember what its called!    

StS

Can't say I remember a game like this, but do you remember what system it was on?
Sandal that Stinks

Current 40L (Nullpo): 35.32s

fluster

it was a PC game hun.
im not surprised people dont remember it.. this was like.. 10+ years ago.
i just want a pc tetris that has possible special stuff abilities to make it more interesting. and that is the only one i can think of.  there was a stand up actual arcade game also that was a tetris clone which did something similiar but.. good lord was that a LONG time ago, and ive only seen it once.

the premise is to take the tetris general theme and add elements to make it more interesting and fun. two games to my knowlage and memory accomplished this (not including "bomb-tris" as that's a very tame, boring thing with nowhere NEAR the verity and fun of the others).  and i cant remember the names of either after all these years