Heya!

Started by binoc2bird, February 09, 2014, 09:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

binoc2bird

Well, I've been playing tetris for about 10 years. I was on a hiatus for awhile there, but now I'm back. I spent all my time on Tetris Friends and I got really excited when my scores started topping the leaderboard for my state. I think I made it to the top 100 in every game style for my state. This was around 3 years ago, and then I stopped playing because it was wearing my keyboard down. I remember hearing about this site while on there, so I thought this would be a good place to start. Maybe someone can point me to good places to play again or tell me some fun tetris stories

It's nice meeting all of you.

unpronuncyashun2

Welcome to Hard Drop!  I'm glad you decided to get back into Tetris! Tetris Friends is a popular client but if you have the chance check out Nullpomino and Cultris 2 both are great games .

perfectclear

Welcome! I agree with what unpronuncyashun2 said, noting that C2 has a very different playstyle than tf. Regarding fun Tetris stories, hopefully someone drops by with more time on their hands to share a tale, or you might try looking through the general section of the forums and hoping to find some

pizzapizza

binoc2bird

Thanks for the info!

From what I understand this website is basically for people to share/talk about Tetris and all its many versions, post scores, and share videos. Anything else I should look forward to on this site?

perfectclear

Quote from: binoc2bird
Anything else I should look forward to on this site?

Tournaments. Lots of em, but I particularly look forwards to the TTOs, they are prized worldwide tourneys on TF that happen roughly annually.

yotipo91

Anything else I should look forward to on this site?
HardDrop 2.0, a top secret project where matchmaking for all Tetris clients is available, tournament match results are automatically recorded, and the website loads messages on the chatbox instantly.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"]

Sprints: Nullpo-26.78 (4/0),  TF-35.97, TOPW-29.461 (065-15), C2-36.58 (4.5/0)
[url=http://tetrison

binoc2bird

Quote from: yotipo91
HardDrop 2.0, a top secret project where matchmaking for all Tetris clients is available, tournament match results are automatically recorded, and the website loads messages on the chatbox instantly.
Cool. Thanks for the help!

Lucho

Cool. Thanks for the help!
He was jk  

Fun places: cultris 2, tetris client with 1 preview and no hold, fun singleplayer and multiplayer modes.
tetris online poland and nullpomino: tetris clients with modern t-spin style, good players hanging around in there.
[div align=\\\"center\\\"][spoiler]
Funky Ruskie[/div][div align=\\\"center\\\"] [/div][/spoiler]