mechanics required for high-level 1v1

Started by amzara, December 16, 2016, 05:41:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amzara

hi guys i have some question for long-time players/pro players/forum fiends/all kind of people regarding 1v1 in tetris arena

in high-level 1v1s(TTO/rank 20 players) what are the skills required to stand a chance in this pvp situation.

i started tetris recently after i saw TTOIV final video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqw1wpHVF-Q . After doing some research, i kinda got the idea that only stacking/t-spin is displayed(im sure im wrong since my understanding of the game is still low) but i dont see perfect clears/4 wides/2 wides being displayed , also the high-level timing aspect of top players is still vague(i read on aitsu's ask.fm about purposely receiving lines)

if i get my stacking/t-spin(patterns and opportunities) to aitsu_k/hebo_mai\yuimetal/insert gosugamer name can i take games off them?what else do i need to be able to compete vs top tier players?

caffeine

amzara

Quote from: caffeine
Hot, nasty, badass speed.

wish i can be that irl

jkwon23

I agree!
How to get fast block speed:  http://harddrop.com/wiki/0G_60_Hz_SRS_Movement_Finesse  
Quote from: amzara

wish i can be that irl
What.

Jaymod

Quote from: amzara

wish i can be that irl

you need coca

cola

LapSiLap

iljain

my 4 core pc couldn't play smooth on tf, while in a bushiban computer class those old computers run absolutely no lags

weird huh

but definitely good computers are the solutions.

Danieru

Quote from: iljain
my 4 core pc couldn't play smooth on tf, while in a bushiban computer class those old computers run absolutely no lags

weird huh

but definitely good computers are the solutions.

Yeah it all comes down to the specific Computer sometimes and it's either really smooth, or a complete lag fest.

Sometimes the browser is the only problem causing TF to lag on the PC.
Just an Irish tetris player.

jackh1771

you dont need to buy a good computer to beat good players though. even if that helps you get faster you still should be learning finesse and efficient stacking. my recommendation is practice with misamino and try to keep up in terms of efficiency before you buy a supercomputer and focus on speed.